Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame 3d rpg (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drkrelic

Drkrelic Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012

Dude what died here? ;)

2. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Everything dude.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Everything from Crescent Moon seems to have gone a bit quiet, but I'm pretty sure their projects are still all being worked. Josh checked in on the Exiles thread a week or two ago

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Still making progress on Aralon as well as Exiles. Hope to have some more news soon about them. :)

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    A couple of new shots for ya :)

Attached Files:

6. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    They look amazing, I'm surprised environments are so detailed.

7. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    WOOHOO!:D
    I've been waiting so long for this moment!

8. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    you're killing us man... do you still think exiles will come out this year?

9. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Worry about Aralon 2, but at worst we 're a few months from Exiles judging from the devs posts here.

10. Kyoshirin

Kyoshirin Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    @ DrKrelic lol i tried to keep it alive but i failed :(

@ jeez Josh those images look epic! I'm looking forward to exploring that new world with the good ol paladin ;) and I'm really looking forward to the skill sets and ... yeah everything? lol :D thanks for the images !

11. Mamalovesyou

Mamalovesyou Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Looks pretty good but I think it will look at least 10 times better than those screenshots,Ravensword Shadowlands was released what an year ago and it looked absolutely rad,This game coupled with far more power devices will put it squarely in oblivion category,Great job CM.:)

It instantly looks like aralon here,I've played the first game and the art style was fantastic in that game,looks more of the same here which is great!

12. Kyoshirin

Kyoshirin Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    The main thing that drew me in in Aralon was the spells/skills trees and the equipment the different combos you can make and it doesnt hurt that towards the end of the game your character would be strong enough to take on a dragon ( how cool is that ? lol ) i played ravensword 2 graphics and world was alright i enjoyed it but im still a die heart aralon fan i hope that the guilds are more in depth , and the Outlaw/Neutral/Lawful system is still there too added more to the game after i beat it ( attacking everything in site lol ) anyways im excited haha as you can see ;)

13. Drkrelic

Drkrelic Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    i wonder...

Josh, will the game's storyline be unlinear?

Will it have repeatable quests at the very least? :)

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm guessing the forge caught in fire burning in a beautiful blaze of flames, halting all development.

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Looks Pretty good The 2 screenshots..

16. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Do you think you'll use Metal for this game?

17. dylanfan007

dylanfan007 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2014
    #257 dylanfan007, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Just for kicks I downloaded both aralon and RS on my device and played them through mostly and I gotta say,Aralon is still the best Wrpg on appstore and trumps Rs in mostly every way.It maybe because galebooth games were working on it but man they really pulled it off with aralon in grand fashion.

The graphics in aralon were 'beautiful' with all the little water effects and subtle lightning effects,Spells looked incredible and satisfying which was sadly lacking feom RS.

Open world was a pot more cohesive and felt somewhat more alive than Rs's.Npc's attacked you and didn't just walk around.Also the npc density was a lot more than in RS which felt truly empty.

Soundtrack in both games was fantastic and easily the best thing going about them.

Combat was in someways better and more fun in aralon,Though I prefer the rel time combat in RS it just 'felt' clunky and unresponsive,I have updated Rs tk the latest version and the camera lag is quite disappointing to say the least.The combat buttons aren't responsive at all either.I suggest copying the camera sensitivity from bioshock port along with a solid 30fps it would make for a very satisfying combat.

A.I in both games was severly lacking,here's hoping for a better one this time.

Also Aralon had 4 times as much cintent as Rs latter of which felt empty with no real meaningful side quests.I wouldn't mind a setup of a smaller more densely packed open world with actual sidequests aka Skyrim.

Day night cycle should be mandatory in wrpg.

Better animations Please,They were quite clunky in both games.

Story needs to be written by a professional this time with a little more emphasis on end game rather than just one goal after acheiving which everything else becomes unimportant.The father storyline was interesting in the way that it felt personal and then everything else around it became important too,I don't care much for voice acting but the amount of written dialog needs to be tenfold the last games.

Overall if the game is an improvement over aralon in every way with the graphics of RS then I would be a happy man.Please make it a premium game I wouldn't mind paying 15+ dollars for it.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont mind so much about graphics. Aralon was a huge game but the filesize wasnt crazy due to the graphics. I would much rather have larger areas to explore, more quests etc. Ravensword II looked amazing and i did love playing it but i found Aralon to be far better as it seemed a larger world with more to do.

Either way i've got faith in Josh, i cant wait to get this game (and the space one) whenever that may be. Instant purchase from me. Saying that i might go back and replay Aralon as its a great great game

19. dylanfan007

dylanfan007 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2014
    They should bring back galebooth games to work with them,they nailed aralon.:)

20. galoobethgames

galoobethgames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    We're here working on Aralon 2. The game is under heavy development right now, and we've made a lot of improvements while keeping the core gameplay from Aralon 1 intact. We'll have more to share with you soon!