Cracking Sands by Polarbit

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by [email protected], Nov 1, 2012.

1. tommy@polarbit.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2008
    It's been a while in the making, but we're finally getting close to the App Store release of Cracking Sands. Should be out by mid-december.

Here's a short teaser to hold you over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY2_mqNe78Q

2. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Wow. I thought this game was dead! I saw a teaser over a year ago, then heard nothing about it. Glad to see it will still be released :)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow that looks like a lot of fun!

4. tommy@polarbit.com

Oct 14, 2008
    Glad to hear you seem to like what you're seeing. Needless to say, we're psyched to get the game out there to see how you like actually playing it. :)

5. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    If it's worth a look at, I made a thread of Cracking Sands about a year ago. Some people seemed quite excited for it:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=94264

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The game looks great, please make the controls decent and not just tilt !

7. tommy@polarbit.com

Oct 14, 2008
    Just thought I'd let you know that Cracking Sands is slated for release Thursday, the 24:th, which is tomorrow for most of us.

You're in for a treat with this one. We're very, very happy with how the game turned out, and I have no doubt you'll like it.

Half racer, half shooter, kinda-sorta like a kart game, but very different from the cuddly-wuddly style that dominates the genre.

Tons of tracks, tons of character parts to create your own character... cool weapons and gadgets to customize your vehicle, a bunch of cool vehicles to choose from.

All in all, looking forward to hearing what you think about it. :)

8. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Sounds awesome, I can't wait! You guys make the best racers in my opinion. Will this support iCloud sync?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Lining up to be a decent week for releases so far from what i've seen. This game looks great (as long as its not just tilt controls !)