Block Story

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kbcorwin, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    From the block story website, posted by one of the developers: "Last night we got the game working on an iphone 3gs. # We were getting about 12-20 fps which was playable. #It should be fine on newer models.

There were a few changes in the code to get this to work. Unity for iphone has some very weird restrictions, that you just have to work around.

Anyway, I submitted the full version to the apple app store. I will submit the lite version this afternoon. Hopefully they will approve it sometime this week, and then what is currently the #1 requested feature will be fullfilled.

The first few days will be critical, as the first reviews really set the tone. So if you have an iphone, want to play this game and want to see it succeed, please support us and leave us good reviews."

2. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    For those of you who don't know, block story is a mash up of morrowind and minecraft, literally, with good 3d models like 85 enemies and a multitude of weapons, as well as a sandbox infinite environment like in mine craft.

3. Gamertactics440

Sep 23, 2011
    This is on android already correct? If it is this game looks awesome!!! How long does it usually take apple to approve the app?

4. paulpach

paulpach Member

Jun 19, 2012
    #4 paulpach, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    Thank you Kbcorwin for making this thread. We are very happy to see our application being talked about around cyberspace.

Here is a link to our web site www.blockstory.net
    We have tons of screenshots in our facebook page
    www.facebook.com/BlockStory

All effects are optional. You can go to Settings -> Graphics and lower the quality or disable every effect. This framerate was just at default settings.

Moreover, just yesterday we made a major optimization that should bring about a nice FPS increase. Believe me, we live and and breath FPS and obsess about looking for ways to improve it. The other obsession is sales reports :D.

As a matter of fact, I bought an old iphone 3gs specifically so that I would optimize for it instead of newer models.

Yes. The game has been available for the past 2 1/2 weeks in google play. Check out the screenshots in facebook.

So far we are the highest rated Infiniminer clone in google play, including Minecraft PE, BlockWorld, Minebuilder and Petravis (knock on wood)

We are developing very fast, and in this time we have already made 6 updates, including Crafting.

Hope you guys enjoy the game. You can expect great many features to follow shortly after the initial release.

5. james2c

james2c Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I will support you ! This game looks incredible ! :)

6. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Anywhere from a few days, if you're well known like gameloft, to three weeks if you're game has a lot of content/ the developer is not well known. Average time for a large game like this is, I think, around a week to two weeks, if no issues that require resubmission are found.

7. Gamertactics440

Sep 23, 2011
    This game looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait to play it!

8. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    So when will this be out?

9. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    It was submitted to apple for review last Friday, review process can take awhile, probably anywhere from 1 week- 1 month until the game is released

10. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Uh...no. :rolleyes:

11. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Lol yeah, but they have all graphics and effects.. Or is that affects? On some sort of setting, so you could lower the graphics quality and reduce the amount of effects and probably get around 30 fps or so, and that's also on the 3GS, which is pretty old, on newer devices it should run fine. All this is just speculation, although I know that the graphics and effects quality can be changed to make the game run smoother, seeing as they said it in their post.

12. paulpach

paulpach Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Status update

Indeed that was default settings in a 3GS. lowering the graphics quality gives much better fps.

I have good news and bad news.

Bad news: There was a bug in the iphone build. I had to pull it out. So I need to fix that bug before I can submit to apple store. Sorry for the wait. I will work on fixing the issue during the weekend. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later. Believe me we are doing everything we can to get to the apple store ASAP, since this in our mind represents a huge opportunities

Good news: We optimized some things, and now with default settings in the 3gs we get 22-30 fps, which looks very smooth.

13. paulpach

paulpach Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Beta testing

Is anyone interested in participating in the beta test?

Get an account in ibetatest.com and let me know your username.
    Please, only participate if you intend to test for the next couple of weeks.

14. Gamertactics440

Sep 23, 2011
    My username is gamertactics I have a iPhone4s

15. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #15 Kbcorwin, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    I'd love to test, but I've got vacation with no wifi... It's like prison without bail... Only worse.
    But, I'll be in the great outdoors for a while and Be able to just relax, so I guess it's even :)
    Edit: Never mind, I guess I can... You've got to love satellite wifi, I'd love to test, my username is Daskirken and I have an iPod touch 4th generation with iOS 5.1.1

16. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I would love to beta test your game! My acc name is deathrow and I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2.

17. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    #17 Bparker, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    I would love to help test my username is bparker.

forgot to say I'm on a ipod touch 4th generation 5.1.1

18. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    I would love to help beta test this game! I am on an iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.1.1. My username on ibetatest.com is jtall

19. Castl3mania

Castl3mania Member

May 9, 2012
    My schedule is open for your game, signed up at the ibetatest website, username on the site an here is Castl3mania and i own a iphone 4s

20. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #20 Kbcorwin, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    Would love to test, :) turns out there is satellite wifi where we're staying, I'll have hours of driving to test during (I'm not driving :D) and my username is Daskirken, I own a 4th gen. iPod touch running iOS 5.1.1 thank you for having open testing! Hopefully everyone can contribute:p
    Edit: and just put in me device and it's udid