Best "Crafting" game on iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by aikavari, Dec 25, 2013.

1. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Hey guys, in the course of the last year I purchased Minecraft, Survivalcraft, Terraria, and Junk Jack X but haven't really put in enough time in na by of them. To those who have, if you were to choose, which of the four would you play? Some explanation why would be nice so I can assess. Thanks!

2. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I liked junk jack x. But I've never payed mine craft. Survival craft is good though, but I prefer the 2d games on a phone. JJX has a nice atmosphere, and is updated often.

3. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I spent alot of time with Terraria and Minecraft.

4. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
  5. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Survivalcraft is what Minecraft could have been, and should have been.

Terraria and Junk Jack are both great, but 2D crafters just never grabbed me. Wait until they port Starbound to iOS/android.... *drool*

6. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Junk Jack X would be great in 3D!

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    JJX is the best by far

8. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Crafted

9. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Thanks for the comments. I tried growtopia once but it was just a bit too busy... Haven't tried Crafted though. I guess I'll go for Junk Jack X for the time being.

10. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Junk Jack X

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Minecraft is the best.

12. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    So I was starting my JJX run when the best free games article popped out and it mentioned The Blockheads. How would you rate that one?

13. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Honestly I wouldn't bother much with The Blockheads. It's freemium for one so you'll constantly run into limits of what you can do without sinking unlimited amounts of money in.

The best crafting game is the PC version of Minecraft. The closest thing to that on iOS is Survivalcraft. First off the world is not limited to some tiny square like Minecraft PE. Also unlike MCPE there are actual caves to explore and stuff. The expansions on it just keep getting better with more circuitry for making trap doors, drawbridges, and other stuff that it allows for an unparalleled level of creativity to anything in the genre (2d or 3d) on iOS. Like Eden World Builder there's also the ability to share worlds online. One of the more original features though is being able to download texture packs and stuff.

It's strange too, I remember when they were adding the ability to ride horses in PC Minecraft. My oldest son was telling me about that and I had to point out that I could already do that in Survivalcraft on my iphone. It just kind of boggles the mind how much history is behind Survivalcraft before it even came to iOS. It's got it's own sort of more realistic take on survival yet still has a touch of the supernatural stuff to add that extra tension in the game.

As a note I own, Minecraft PE, Survivalcraft, Eden World Builder, Junk Jack, Junk Jack X, Terraria, and countless other similar (though lower quality) games. I've played a lot in this genre because it's one of my favorites.

14. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Thanks for the advise. I do have that well. We're you able to see the latest Minecraft version? I believe it made a lot of big strides in the past 6 months. Don't know how it compares to Survivalcraft right now.

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    If we were talking PC then I'd totally recommend Minecraft but as we are talking iOS and pocket Minecraft sucks, then my recommendation would be for Junk Jack X. Awesome game.

16. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    #16 aikavari, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    I'd really like to play something for the long haul... How's the world size of each of the four? Will I ever run out of resources forcing me to restart?

Addendum: so I fired up all four of them and they all played very similarly.

- I liked the graphics of MCPE best, don't know why, simple and functional. I like how crafting is simple as well. After a short walk, I hit an invisible wall... I wonder if it's just that I coincidentally spawned near an edge or if the world really is that small.

- Survivalcraft is really similar to MCPE though even after playing for a while, I never hit any invisible walls. Don't care for graphics much though and I really need a guide for all the crafting recipes... :-(

- Terraria was fun. I played it a while back up until the big eye boss. Never beat him then downloaded a new game and forgot about it. Don't know how I feel about the smaller boxes and zoom though I do like the indestructible tools. I do feel the inclination towards the 3d games though.

- Junk Jack X's graphics is way better than Terraria and I like how gameplay is virtual infinite given the option to create new worlds and moving stuff around.

Right now I'm thinking MCPE but I'm concerned about the world size. Has that ever been an issue to anyone?

17. Don't get Minecraft PE, it's not really fun, and the worlds are too small.

18. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    I already own all 4 but never got into them... Games backlog, don't ask... Played MCPE a fair bit today. Loved the game though I'm wondering how much you can really do in it.

19. When I first got MCPE I also thought it was really fun. But that fun goes away after about 3 hours.

20. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Ok, so I somehow ended up playing survivalcraft. Build my self a cozy little stone brick house and I'm doing quite well. The only problem is I'm finding that I'm running out of resources. I litterally cleared the whole area around me of anything edible and have a horrendous amount of wolves, bears and lions now stalking me outside my house?! Is this normal? Can I still salvage my house or do I have to move? :-(