GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I just beat it and enjoyed every second of it. Great game!!
    Played this game more then ALOT of my others. I highly recomend it. Time to play so zen bound, light racers, and wait for word fu!

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Ninja rocks but I don't like him, he's too black. The robot, stitch or even box guy looks better.

I don't agree with arn re upping the difficulty of the game. I can easily cruise through 13 levels in 1,5 hours. No kidding. That's because I can die unlimited times and don't have to collect medals for each level to progress. Otherwise I'd be stuck at level 4 or 5 and won't be coming back. It would be frustrating.

Anders, please keep it the way it is. For those who want some challenges, they can keep trying to get the gold medals, but please spare casual gamers like me who don't care about medals. Don't introduce life system or minimum medal requirement.

Anyway, I have to be honest that I don't seem to enjoy this game as much as people here do. I don't understand the 'swaying experience' everyone's talking about. For me, it's good, but not wow wow. I still only love the visuals and characters.

3. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I VERY much agree with donkei, It's hard enough. I haven't even unlocked all the guys yet.(where is that damn key????)

4. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Hi guys!

Like I said yesterday, we are going to have a meeting today and discuss the future of Sway, and I expect to have something to announce after that, hopefully.

Until then, appreciate all the comments, good or bad. So far I guess I can sum it up in one sentence, more or less: You all love the controls, the graphics, the game itself, but you want more levels.

Cheers,
    Anders

5. rojaz

rojaz Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Network\Server Technician
    Leeds, UK
    #205 rojaz, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    i finally just bought it - was bored last night and i got a hankering while stuck in traffic. so i just downloaded it.

i was half way through by time i got home. and finished it while watching tv.
    took prob about 2 hrs.

really did enjoy it, but i wanted more from it.
    more levels, more variety on levels such as maybe treadmills to pull you back if you don't swing quick enough, and slippery surfaces'.

add more levels is a must for this game.

loved it for 2.99 though, although don't think ill prob pick it up much anymore, got silvers on all levels, and a handful of golds.

looks like a promising title though, if you can tweak it it could be something amazing.

6. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    How about online-leaderboards for the time you take to beat a single level?
    Wouldn´t that add to the replay-abillity, while still enjoying the swing mechanics?

Btw, i really enjoy the game so far and it´s fun to try to get a smooth and stylish runthrough in each level after you beat them.

7. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Remember to discuss life system or some sort of incentive to move on or punishment for death, etc.

8. case

case Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interaction Designer
    Michigan
    same song over and over = fail

not having haptic feedback for control system = fail

PLEASE add a simple very very brief vibration 'thud' when contacting the screen for easier synchrony of right and left hands. and I mean VERY brief like a milisecond or so.

9. Grx

Grx Active Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Exactly! :)

10. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we will release an update with not only more levels, but also with new game elements, and perhaps also some other stuff ;)

Cheers,
    Anders

11. rojaz

rojaz Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Network\Server Technician
    Leeds, UK
    brilliant, this is what i hoped for.

this game is about a 8/10 for me. with new levels and "game elements" this will be a 10/10

12. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Yes!!!! This is where things get weird. I bought zen bound and sway two days ago, and I still have $10 in my account that HASN'T been spent. I've been stuck on these two. They're perfect!

13. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    New characters please! :)

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    1. Please develop the character a bit more as well, eg: different sound when they die, different movement when they reach the goal (maybe one or two will dance?), or when we choose one of them, they will say something (like when our Spore creature is poked).

2. May I know when the update is coming? Because from what I heard, Touchgrind hasn't got its promised update too.

15. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    1. I don't think that'll make the game that much better to be honest, but I've noted your suggestions. So far the only thing that people complain about, is that there are too few levels, so we rather spend time doing that first.

2. It takes time to do proper levels, and they need extensive testing. I rather do 15 very good levels than 30 crappy ones. It'll be out as soon as it is finished, promise.

The Touchgrind have been ready and submitted to Apple over a month ago. It has been rejected three times, which basically means that we submit it, and then wait for about a week+ just to find out it was rejected, do a fix and submit and then wait again. It's frustrating mildly put.

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    1. I understand that and I agree that levels should have the highest priority. OR different game modes too. You know, like in iDracula, there's basically only 1 level but there are 2 gameplay modes. Then in racing games, they can use the same tracks again and again for different modes (quick race, time trial, etc). This way, you don't just keep adding levels but also make the best out of existing levels.

2. Thanks for explaining that. I also prefer 15 new and creative levels rather than 30 new levels but just slightly different from the current ones.

Sadly in the meanwhile, I can't find any reason to keep playing it :(
    I really wish there's a quick pickup-and-play mode.

17. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    what about little mini games? like see how far you can throw the character, or something.

18. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    #218 le'deuche123, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    Don't worry about too much. The levels are most important, and I'm very grateful that even after putting out a top tier game you are willing to add to it based on the overwhelming response of what people want. Pretty impressive. PS. Why don't readyfireaim come to the forums and chit chat?

19. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    how about trying to get gold stars all through out. i know i'd want to

20. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    I dunno, I'll ask RFA ;)