Universal Warhammer Quest - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I decided to pick up the undead pack (skeletons and necros) along with the skaven expansion. I might get more, we'll see. I just spent 2 hours playing the game and it didn't really feel that long. It definitely has that "one more quest" addiction factor.

I am not doing so well, though. I have failed twice at white quests. My archer woman keeps missing. She misses 90% of her shots or melee attacks, it's quite frustrating. Other reasons I'm dying are probably a combination of bad rolls and my newbness at the game.

What do you guys do for gold? I am broke and can't afford training for my level 3 characters. Someone mentioned a skaven-expansion based quest that I can "grind" for 1000 gold easily, I'd like more details on that since I'll need cash. I also refuse to buy consumables (gold) in the game so that's definitely not an option.

2. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    There is no reason to buy gold in WQ. The most reliable way of getting gold is to do rescue missions in which the rescue target is the Viscount's daughter, or some aristocratic-sounding name. Those quests tend to end with a gold bonus that is often substantial. The first run-through of the Skaven expansion story-line also involves several quests with high cash rewards. Other than those, my advice would be to avoid buying anything in town if possible, get your items from quests and save your gold for leveling. There will be a few levels were you have to grind for a bit of gold to level, but generally if you are stuck at a level, use that time to look for quests with decent item rewards. If you really want as much gold as possible, both dwarves have a skill or weapon that generate more gold and these can speed thing sup quite a bit, but are in no way necessary.

3. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Man, the more I play this game, the better I get, and the more I want to play. Question - most of my heroes are ready to be leveled up (but I don't have enough gold) - do they STOP getting experience UNTIL I level them up? Or will they just keep collecting it anyways?

4. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    They keep getting experience, although I am not sure if it is indefinite. It certainly can be significant, as I've leveled characters up who have then only had a bit more to go to the next level.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It's 50% of the XP to the next level IIRC.

6. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Gold becomes the real limiting factor around lvl 6; at least with the base game.

7. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    How many skills does the base wizard have?

8. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This game. Is consuming me. This doesn't usually happen! I have been enthralled. Curse that person who said, "Don't worry you'll get all IAP eventually", it's probably going to end up like that, lol. Well, all the content-based IAP, not the gold or weapons (I don't cheat, nor pay to cheat).

Quick question - I've noticed some of my heroes level up and don't actually gain any skills. Is that normal? Or random? My elf archer is level 4 and I have to admit, she is quite weak and not very useful so far, it was a bit of a downer to see her not gain any skills twice in a row.

9. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    The skills heroes get are random, but the levels they get a new skill are set. Some characters do have some levels that do not give a new skills, simply stat improvements.

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Good to know, thanks man! You seem to know a lot about this game, is there some sort of resource you can point me to that goes into more details with the game mechanics than the journal?

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There is a good reason why this game is the Touch Arcade Forums Game of the Year 2013. ;)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=212119

12. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I believe people did compile some data about the game, but I'm not too familiar with it myself, others maybe able to better help you there. I simply played a LOT, probably over 200 hours logged into the game over multiple saves. If Rodeo had continued to support the game, who knows what would have become of me! :D

13. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    I plan on picking up the Witch Hunter character because he sounds pretty cool. Which of the 4 basic characters should I replace him with? One of the heavy hitter or the elf? I was think the elf since I believe they both have ranged combat (I assume the Witch Hunter does since it looks like he has pistols of some sort) but I was wondering what others do who have the Witch Hunter. Any thoughts?

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've got all the characters except the ogre, and I level them up at the same rate, I don't stick with just four characters.

15. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I do the same. It has the advantage of not wasting gear that you can't use and you can play the base game and the Skaven one without over levelling.

16. Grifman

Feb 15, 2014
    While I appreciate the suggestion, that's not what I want to do :). So given that, which character should I replace with the Witch Hunter?

17. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I have 2 extra characters the witch hunter and the warrior priest, and can strongly recommend the witch hunter.

Of the original 4, the grey wizard has the best skills, followed by the marauder, and I would say the weakest is the wood elf archer.

The witch hunter has ranged and melee skills and is even more powerful if you have the undead packs, and I haven't missed the elf at all.

Good luck

18. Grifman

Feb 15, 2014
  19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Yup... The Witch Hunter is very overpowered in undead dungeons.

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I agree, if you only want to level four characters, then replace the elf with the Witch Hunter.