Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen)

Thanks for the reply, no probs there's a ton of content to keep me going and getting Gold medals will take enough time without getting to grips with user levels

Good luck with the Android release
Old 03-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

@Luke - Congrats on the Sony ports! Why the first game, not the sequel?
Oh, and any chance for a PC version of either?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
@Luke - Congrats on the Sony ports! Why the first game, not the sequel?
Oh, and any chance for a PC version of either?
Grip Games is handling PC and console ports. They started long before JCS2 was finished. I think given the timing, and the size of the job, it made more sense for them to start with JCS1.

I beleive that the PC version will be available through steam.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:40 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketrueaxis View Post
Grip Games is handling PC and console ports. They started long before JCS2 was finished. I think given the timing, and the size of the job, it made more sense for them to start with JCS1.

I beleive that the PC version will be available through steam.
Great. You got at least one PC buyer

And well, good luck. So damn frustrating to see the reactions to mobile ports on Steam.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM

As Luke pointed out we are in the process of the Android port at the moment. Even though this is an iOS forum I'll give some info on how things are going.

The fragmentation of Android has slowed things down last week and a bit of this week. A friend of mine in the UK had access to a load of Android devices and kindly tested the game out on them. A load of problems came back, I had to buy a couple of new devices, to see what was going on. Barring one problem with the the skybox on a Nexus 10 tablet, those issues have been fixed. The skybox problem is a bit perplexing at the moment. Most of these issues are to do with compliant opengles 3.0 hardware. We use opengles 2.0 for the game, which should work on 3.0 hardware, except gl driver bugs get in the way.

The game is pretty much ported now, with hardware controllers, a menu screen to configure the hud buttons, a few other things, plus bugs to fix, still left to do.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Great. You got at least one PC buyer

And well, good luck. So damn frustrating to see the reactions to mobile ports on Steam.
We will have to see how Grip Games manage with the final product.

Honestly, I am quite worried about the reaction of people who expect something more then a port of an old mobile game, I think a lot more could have been done to bring it up to console quality, but I think their main goal was to bring the game play across. Hopefully it is still a fun game, and anybody who always wanted to see it on PC and Console gets what they want.

I am sure a lot of people will judge it for what it isn't.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Jet Car Stunts on Steam!

But I think you really need more info on that store page. How many tracks, different modes, any additions/changes/improvements from the IOS version, etc.

I'm guessing the Steam version is the full game + level pack ($4) so you're going to get many many threads asking why the game is $10 on Steam.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-01-2014 at 11:01 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Jet Car Stunts on Steam!

But I think you really need more info on that store page. How many tracks, different modes, any additions/changes/improvements from the IOS version, etc.

I'm guessing the Steam version is the full game + level pack ($4) so you're going to get many many threads asking why the game is $10 on Steam.
Grip Games is looking after all that. I'm not even sure what the details are my self of which levels are included. I guess I should really find out. I didn't try play through the entire game my self on PC my self. I mostly just made sure that the physics was close enough to the same. But I do know there is a knew exploration game mode where you have to find pickups scattered around the levels, and the graphics have had some improvements.