Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-05-2014, 12:20 PM

I think , a lack of reviews, is making it difficult to decide on purchasing the game or not.
I have looked around , and have not found many reviews if any at all.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Does this play more like a game book or a board game? Any imps?
Old 07-05-2014, 07:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

There's plenty of impressions throughout the thread. Have a read through, but the summary is. Great game, buy it.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

OK, build uploaded fixing missing captive animations, and making the lich eye a bit more rare

Somedumbgamer: the game is a roguelike first and foremost. The board game aspects is because the dungeon you navigate in is tiles, similar to what you might draw on a boardgame (actually, this game started as a boardgame prototype for multipayer I can upload some screenshots if anyone is interested).

You, the player is a magicuser, and you boost him and his abilities with spells, skills, items or bard songs (purchaseable).

Combat is turn based, and you choose if you want to use item (always success), or want to try a magic or melee attack.

Then you, or opponent, win that round and perform the default attack. You also have a bunch of passive skills and spells that might or might not trigger, depending on skill, status effects and if you tried melee or magical attack.

The fun part (in my eyes) is the wast ammount of skills, items, spells to be found, and numerous animation sequences for the varied attacks, and 69 varied animated enemies.

The game is a bit luck about finding good items/combinations, selection of how much to explore vs getting to the bottom of the dungeons, how and when to spend gold and items, if you want to try defeat the bosses (only the lich lord is needed to win), balance when to use magic and when to use melee.

It is not very mainstream, it is not game of the year material, but I'm confident that if you like rpgs/roguelikes you will find this game worth the few bucks it costs.

If it does not, and you totaly hate it, let me know and I'll refund you the cost
Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by expleo View Post
OK, build uploaded fixing missing captive animations, and making the lich eye a bit more rare

Somedumbgamer: the game is a roguelike first and foremost. The board game aspects is because the dungeon you navigate in is tiles, similar to what you might draw on a boardgame (actually, this game started as a boardgame prototype for multipayer I can upload some screenshots if anyone is interested).

You, the player is a magicuser, and you boost him and his abilities with spells, skills, items or bard songs (purchaseable).

Combat is turn based, and you choose if you want to use item (always success), or want to try a magic or melee attack.

Then you, or opponent, win that round and perform the default attack. You also have a bunch of passive skills and spells that might or might not trigger, depending on skill, status effects and if you tried melee or magical attack.

The fun part (in my eyes) is the wast ammount of skills, items, spells to be found, and numerous animation sequences for the varied attacks, and 69 varied animated enemies.

The game is a bit luck about finding good items/combinations, selection of how much to explore vs getting to the bottom of the dungeons, how and when to spend gold and items, if you want to try defeat the bosses (only the lich lord is needed to win), balance when to use magic and when to use melee.

It is not very mainstream, it is not game of the year material, but I'm confident that if you like rpgs/roguelikes you will find this game worth the few bucks it costs.

If it does not, and you totaly hate it, let me know and I'll refund you the cost
Is there Game Center achievements?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:39 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I just want to restate my support for this game. I'd love to see this system developed even more too. If you're looking for something a bit different within the dungeon crawling/roguelike genre, definitely give this a go. The developer outlined the game very well above.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Is there Game Center achievements?
That would be a no.. BUT

And a rather big but too. A lot of archivement code is actualy in the game, but I'm considering adding cool art for the archivements as well as having in-game perks for reaching them all.

That requires a bit more thougt

ScotDamn: thanks. Yeah, there are so many things I'd love to add and/or modify as well, but I have to prioritise time to stuff that pays the bills. All in good time, though. All in good time
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

wow, 4 days from submit to appstore ready.

anyway, comments, issues, bugs, suggestions always welcome, here or on email.

Edit: fix some, break some. By fixing the stuck animation on poison death, I accidently introduced an issue if you spam-click the magic button in combat, and enemy dies, you get a small window to hit and start casting the selected out-of combat spell.

This can mess things a bit up, so as I add yet another quick-fix submission, don't spam magic button in fight and you should be all right

Last edited by expleo; 07-10-2014 at 07:12 AM..
Old 08-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

v 2.3 out now in appstore.

- Some tweaks and fixes
- added acid trap
- Eye of Lich can spawn even greater variaty of mercenaries and beast.

So 5 new sprite chars + one trap, all total free for owners of the game
Please mail any and all bugs or comments you might find.