Bit City by Nimblebit

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lorena, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    The new game from Nimblebit. The devs behind Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes...

2. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Extremely excited for this one. All their stuff is good

3. Sterlix

Sterlix Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Wait...
    A working Sim City Classic?!?
    Where do I send my money?

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It might be very cool. Keeping an eye on this one.

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Could be really cool if it isn't one of those games with timers, double currency and other f2p craps in it. If it's a propre premium then I'll buy it and waste some of my life in it just like with sim city,

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Don't hold your breath. However, they use to be fair.

7. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah but tiny airplane or tiny train are both full of those craps even tho they are well done. I just want a proper premium sim city. At least Civilisations is premium and totally amazing!

8. happykittens

happykittens New Member

Feb 24, 2015
    I've been playing a bit of this on nox, for those that think this is going to be like sim city you are going to be disappointed.
    This game is a well polished clicker not a city builder.

The game is organised into 8 levels (cities), to complete a city you just need to purchase a building on each space.

You don't get to choose buildings you can choose to build residential, commercial and industrial but you need to keep them balanced otherwise you get a revenue penalty (33% of each)

Upgrades are made on a separate menu, e.g. typical clicker increase residential revenue, more coins off cars reduce build time

There is a prestige system like most clickers when you finish the 8th city or your slow to progress you can prestige for keys which help speed up revenue.

Game doesn't really have the charm of tiny tower, there are no advisers, utilities, or individuality to the cities

Mashing the build button evolves a random? building, just keep hitting it, it speeds up revenue and doesn't cost anything.

Like most clickers your making decisions to increase revenue, finish the level, prestige and repeat.

That's my take on it so far, I will prob play it at launch pretty passively depends what else it out at the time.

Attached Files:

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was really excited but now I'm sad as I don't like clickers, I was hoping it was more of a small city game where it's mixed with tiny tower and sim city or something.

Ah well I'll still check it out even if as a clicker and with prestige I'd not keep it. Lightseekers closed beta starts tomorrow anyway.