The iControlpad and it's future

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by licantroleon, Feb 9, 2011.

1. licantroleon

licantroleon Member

Oct 22, 2010
    What do you guys think about this new product? Will it become succesful enough to pull developers in and possibly transform the iphone into the next NGP? Personally, I believe this is a huge innovation and that once word gets around, many developers will start to make games compatible with it. As long as it is done right and is comfortable to use then I think this has huge potential. Whats your opinion?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The novelty of iOS gaming down the drain.

3. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    They going to release 3000 unit...unfortunately That not enough to attract devs... I ll probably get one to try it but I doubt we really use it...

4. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
  5. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I personaly think this one is going to be terrible.... if people wanted quality controls they'd buy a 3DS psp etc but I cant see myself carrying around this huge atachment in my pocket

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This. I bought an iPod Touch because it offered an innovative new play style and games are being designed to make use of that. Remove the main unique feature and I might as well be playing another console.

8. nathancho

nathancho Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    College student
    Denver
    #8 nathancho, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    Idk if you guys have tried FPS on the Ipad or ipod touch but without physical joysticks/analogsticks its annoying to play. Now if were talking about Infinity blade it was specially designed for touch controls so no need for them but, once again theres some games that arent made for touch controls or just havent been figured out yet. So for "the novelty of IOS going down the drain" i disagree unless they come up with some better controls for those type of games.... Just my 2 cents

annnnnnd this also applies for the ipad the fling joysticks

9. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Same here. And PLEASE change the title! (The iControlpad and it is future?)