Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Prauny

Prauny Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You sure? While searching google I saw mention of it being possible on other platforms. I never played it on PS2 but I was led to believe climbing ladders is possible.

2. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Don't ever remember being able to climb ladders when I played on PS2,maybe a mod or it was San Andreas

3. Prauny

Prauny Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I read on one forum that you must press the button you would press for getting in and out of cars to climb a ladder. But that button only appears when near a car.

4. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I wish Rockstar would add an IAP to unlock a menu for cheats. VC is a fun game and I 100%'d it back in the day but now I'd like to simply breeze my lazy ass through it. :)

Happy New Year!

5. noel916

noel916 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Lol same

Happy new year to you and everyone else

6. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    For those of you who've played Gangstar Rio and Vice City. What is the weapon/vehicle selection like in VC compared to Rio?

7. noel916

Jan 6, 2012
    About the same number or vehicles but I personally like the vehicles in rio better and there are more weapons in rio.

8. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    how the heck do i advance the storyline? my saves are named "hit the courier" if that helps. ive bought all the properties and completed all the missions. ive gotten calls from the boss dude saying he's mad and he's coming to miami, but i dont see any pink mission circles anywhere.

9. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Have you done the missions for the businesses? I think the printworks missions are required to continue the story.

10. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Yep, all of em.

11. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Last mission I played was cop out I think-I need to do all the property missions? Or the Cuban missions and the Haitians missions? How do I progress the game?

12. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Stuck at 99%!!! have no idea what i'm missing :eek:

13. encaenmi

encaenmi Member

Dec 18, 2010
    #593 encaenmi, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    100%

After almost 32 hours of playing, many of which were spent fooling around, of course, I have finally achieved what I never did on the Xbox. This is truly the best game on my iPad!

Attached Files:

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Rio has more weapons and a better combat system. Vice City has waayyy more vehicles and actual physics (good ones at that) compared to Rio's nonexistent physics.

If you're deciding between the two games there is absolutely no comparison; Vice City is far superior not just with vehicles but everything else from size of world to voice acting/story to depth of gameplay and immersion. .

15. noel916

Jan 6, 2012
    Only if vice city had the weapons and Jetpack that rio does

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That t shirt still gives me a laugh after 10 years.

17. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Unfortunately I have not played this game that much in the last couple of weeks. I think I may be stuck. However, a couple questions.
    1. So you actually get something(a shirt) when you get 100%? That's better than the nothing you get in gta3
    2. Is it just me or does the left side of the city seem barren? I can never find any cars.
    3. When going for 100%, is it better to try to complete all rampages and jumps and other missions (EG: Paramedic) before moving on to the main missions?
    4. Does iCloud actually work? I was majorly pissed off in gta3 when I had to delete the game after 100% and I redownloaded it with 0% completion.

18. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #598 Bathplug, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    1, You unlock:
    200 armor
    200 health
    3 body guards appear in mansion lobby
    2x damage on vihacles you drive
    Infinite ammo
    Frankie t-shirt in mansion
    Then the hunter helicoptor and seaplane spawn at other locations I can't remember.

2, haven't noticed

3, It doesn't matter but the rewards for doing various side missions will make completing the story easier.

4, yes it works perfect. I also save locally on the device by choosing to save on a normal save slot.

Also you can back up your game data whether a game supports icloud or not. You need a program like iexplorer on your computer to back up the save file and to restore one if needed.

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    You and me both... I actually said, "Sweeeeet" out loud.:D

Still strikes me as a bit crazy to be able to carry GTA:VC around in my pocket...;)

DBC

20. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

GTA: Vice City great on my iPhone 4S #

people rating it low must have iPod Touch 4th gen #