iPhone The Creeps! HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RegularStormy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BRussell

BRussell New Member

May 15, 2009
    WilliamG those first two are screenshots from the game too. That third shot is from a level with a "painted" look that makes it look smudged, it isn't low rez.

2. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Thanks WillieG - you are right... it looks terrible. I LOVE this game but just play iphone version at 2x. Not worth buying ipad version unless they drastically improve the graphics. I think everyone is on board with this one. Creeps HD could have been one of the best selling apps in the appstore but bad graphics + overpriced does not make a good combo. Hopefully they will take the time to update properly, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point..

3. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    I respectfully disagree. I think it's just low res. It doesn't look that bad on the iPhone, indicating it just upscaled for the iPad.

At least that's how it looks to me.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    WilliamG and PapaFunk , I pointed this out day one as you can see on the first page of this thread. Got slapped down for it, so gave up. I thought it was due to lack of hardware, no one had a real iPad so how could they know? Months later and it has been tweaked, but still nowhere near those advertising screenshots ( that were taken from a computer the game was being developed on). I'm still hoping.

5. BRussell

BRussell New Member

May 15, 2009
    Folks those screen shots are not lower resolution than the actual game. Here are screen captures off my iPad. Compare them to the ones that are supposedly dishonest portrayals of the game. They're not, they're the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    My apologies - I spoke incorrectly about this being overpriced (got it mixed up with Fieldrunners HD- $7.99.. Really? LOL). That being said - the craters, skulls, flowers, etc, door and bed look awful blurry. The background textures are even worse- that is the hardest thing to look at for me. I don't want it to sound like I am bashing the game, some of it looks great. It just seems like it was given partial effort for the HD version. I bought and LOVE the iphone version and play it on my ipad as well, just this could have been soooo much better if they just gave it a little more tlc..

Does it look better than the Creeps iphone? Yes. Is it worth the HD upgrade if you have the iphone version? No. If you don't own the game at all what the hell is wrong with you? Go buy it! :)

Hope I am not offending anyone at Super Squawk - again I absolutely LOVE the game. I just wish they update ALL of the graphics. I'll even say PLEASE.

7. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Really? Singapore's iPad pricing is one of the more 'reasonable' ones around the world. Try buying it in Germany. ;)

Anyway, the low res backgrounds are holding me back. I've been contemplating over the months and still couldn't set my mind on buying. I hope there are plans to fine tune the graphics.

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Nothihng needs to be changed. The graphics are perfect everywhere but in the menu.

9. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The most important thing is if you are happy with it. I'm glad you are! I wouldn't be, so I didn't buy it. I would if ALL the graphics were given the same treatment. Menus are not a big deal but probably the easiest of all to do so why not just do it, too? I am not asking for any extra features or anything else.

I hope you are not one of those people that can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps because it is clearly night and day. There are plenty of people that feel the same way I do and WANT to buy Creeps HD, but just can't as is. Again, if you are happy with it that is great, but the word 'perfect' is the last word that describes the graphics here.

I realize the dev has been slammed busy so I still hope he will get to it eventually. Knowing the level of quality the game is, I suspect it is eating away at him to complete the graphics anyway when he has time. If he is completely satisfied with the HD version and will not be addressing these issues than that is ok. Hopefully he can let all of us disappointed folks know. If so I will have to live with what I have. End of story.

10. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    My wife and I absolutely fell in love with The Creeps and have been playing it non-stop on my I-Pad. That said I have a couple of questions. I have been playing the IPhone Version at 2x I've considered the HD but do to all the comments I read about lack of updates and a couple bugs I haven't done that yet. Anyway my questions are:

1. I understand the levels are different for both versions of the game but are the expansion levels the same and are all 6 packs available for both devices?

2. For users of the HD version are the achievements and high scores the same as the I-phone version.

3. My wife is looking for a list of the achievement requirements does anyone know where to find them?

Thanks

11. jchampl

I'll say it again.... This game is perfect. If you want to whine and bitch I'm sure you can find stuff but it's perfect the way it is. it already looks miles better than the iphone version..... the graphics are crisp and clean. if you want to pay attention to people that have no idea what they are talking about then fine, but I own the game and have no reason to suck stormy's balls, but this game is one of the best looking apps besides the menu icons that are a little pixelated however not a single thing is wrong in the game. i attached a pic and even blown up to full size it looks great however do realize any resolution beyond what the iphone displays is stretching it.

[​IMG]

stop trying to pass off compressed photos as the quality of the graphics

12. jchampl

if you didn't buy it, you have no right to comment on the quality. so either buy it and bitch away, or just leave it alone. it's totally worth having this on ipad, the increased space is a blast to have and there isn't a damn thing wrong with it.

13. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I'm with you. The only thing this games needs (as far as I am concerned) is more levels. And not necessarily free levels either. I would be happy to pay for DLC.

14. jchampl

listen to this guy. :cool: one of the most detailed people on this board and when there is a problem, he will say so...

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I certainly don't try and cause problems. The screen shots on the iTunes were originally from the computer and may still be. I can't remember, but the screenshots were posted before anyone had an iPad as you can remember. I bought this day 1. I love the game, but never thought the graphics were what I expected (a la zen bound 2, or mirrors edge). I understand it is all perception. I generally agree with mlkaufman, but in this case don't. I don't think I'm being too picky, I just don't think the graphics are up to par with some other hi Rez games. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

16. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #76 mlkaufman, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    I agree with you that there are games with better graphics, but I feel that this game just doesn't need better graphics. With something like a good driving game, or the Settlers HD, and many others, better graphics make for a better game.

With a game like this one, or TowerMadness, or Implode, the graphics are almost besides the point. You want to have good enough graphics to not distract from the game, but after that, it really doesn't matter.

IMO, what makes the HD version of Creeps better then the iPhone one on the iPad is not the fact that the graphics are crisper on the HD version then in the pixel doubled iPhone version (which they are). What makes it better is the maps that are designed for the bigger screen. You can have longer paths and more involved ones that would just be too hard to play on the smaller iPhone display.

Implode's graphics are very basic, but I actually think better graphics would district from a great game, they certainly wouln't improve it.

TowerMadness HD (the other great TD game on the iPad) actually has pretty average graphics, but it is still a fantastic game.

Sometimes you just don't need the most complicated or crispest graphics for a great game.

Thanks for the kind words. If you take a look at my posts about the Creeps from the first 6 months or so after its release, all I did was complain about how easy it was. When he finaly tuned it up to make it hard enough, that's when it turned into one of the top TDs on the iPhone. The HD version is certainly one of the top ones on the iPad. And it will move up even farther when he adds some DLC (hint hint).

17. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    No need to be jerky man. We are all here to enjoy games and discuss. I think there are as many people wanting what I do as there are people satisfied with it the way it is. I simply want them to make all the graphics as crisp as the other 60% of the game as much as mlkaufman wishes to see dlc. I just could have sounded more polite about it I guess. I mentioned I LOVE the game several times and have bought dlc for the iPhone version- so I am hardly busting the devs balls. I even told people if they don't own the game to go buy it! So I don't know where you are coming from..if you like the game the way it is go play it and stop giving me a hard time for voicing my opinion.

Assuming I have not played the HD version before voicing my opinion is laughable. Nice work detective! I'm sure you have wanted something more of a game before. My friend has it so I do have first hand experience playing it. Some of it looks fantastic, which makes the low res items look that much worse. He agrees completely, but does not have the iphone version so he is still happy with his purchase (but could be much happier)

I admit I could have asked in a better manner at first but I suspect I would have heard from someone like you anyway. I thought since so many people feel the way I do on here it would not be such a 'whiny' issue for you. If all the graphics were given the same treatment sales of this game would probably triple. Again, just my opinion. No doubt as far as gameplay goes this is easily the best TD game in the app store. Very few will debate that.

18. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    More DLC!

I would also like to add my voice to request more DLC - I would be happy to pay for it! Love the game!

I do agree that they aren't the crispest graphics in the world, but that is kind of beside the point. I would just be happy with more levels.

Please? :)

19. The Creeps! HD 1.6

Hey guys, I'll make a separate post later, but The Creeps! HD 1.6 just got approved! I'll post some screen shots when I get a chance :)

What's new?
    1. Added support for iOS 4.2. Fast app switching fully supported.
    2. Retooled level select screen. It's much more HD-ish now :) It also shows the badges and high scores you have earned on each level (by popular demand!)
    3. General graphics improvements: Level backgrounds have been repainted. Effects quality has been improved, no more pixilated explosions etc :)
    4. Added 4 new Doorbuster levels!

Bad news... Agon appears to be completely dead. They are no longer answering support requests or making bug fixes and developers can no longer make changes to leaderboards or awards. I'm guessing that at some time in the future (maybe soon) the online high scores through Agon will stop working altogether.

But the good news:
    5. GAME CENTER SUPPORT!!! The Creeps! HD now supports Apple's Game Center! There are now Game Center Achievements. Compare scores and achievements with your friends!

I hope you guys enjoy the shiny newness :)

20. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Excellent news. Are there any DLC levels on the way?