Online action game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Skillmaster19, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Skillmaster19

Skillmaster19 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I am currently looking for an online game that has action and some form of ranking up or earning(not purchasing with cash) better gear/equipment/weapons. I don't want it if the games in app purchases completely ruin the game(like metalstorm, you need to pay to get the good planes, its ok if it has IAP's, but if they are extremely unbalanced it's not ok.)The game must also save your progress on the server and not your device so people can't hack/so you can recover your saves if you have to restore.
    Games I tried and don't like:
    Metalstorm
    Graal era and classic
    touchtanks(matches you with computers,it's fake)
    all of glus games
    dungeon defenders(lags really bad on iPod 4 and saves on device)
    nova 2:just plain boring.
    doodle army 2:hackers
    Archetype:progression feels useless
    eurocenters games(no progress)
    eenies at war(way too glitchy)
    I don't want social board games

I know I sound picky but I'm sure there is some active game out there I haven't heard of.

2. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I recommend Modern Combat 2. It's pretty much just mobile Call of Duty and has a great online multiplayer with 72 ranks with plenty of weapons and skills to unlock.

Street Fighter IV Volt has an online multiplayer mode, and it's pretty fun, but can be laggy. It doesn't have a leveling system with things to unlock, but I would still check it out.

3. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Order and Chaos Online maybe?

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Online Sniper League

5. Skillmaster19

Skillmaster19 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Not action, also I tried it and the in app purchases ruined the game. Seriously, what kind of game mixes subscriptions and microtransactions? Gameloft clearly doesn't care about their players, they are just trying to rake in as much as they can by having as many ways of making money from it as possible. People still play it is the best quality mmo for iphone in terms of graphics.

6. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

This.

7. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    And how can you forget the actual Call of Duty game as well? ;). Call of Duty Zombies and MC2 are probly the best with NOVA2 (which you...hated?) coming in right by them.

8. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah I thought of the COD Zombies but it doesn't have any leveling system that I am aware of, and I can't seem to ever find anyone online.

9. ianjh06

ianjh06 Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I'm no fan of fps games but N.O.V.A 2 is really a great game and most days I'll go online for a bit even if I'm a newbie at it, it is just easy to pick up and play and for more hardcore gamers it has progression for online with different weapons/perks etc. available at different levels. it also has a good amount of different game modes for online.