Any good IOS stealth games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#1 Bronxsta, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    I love the stealth genre, preferably shadow/light-based stealth like Splinter Cell over Metal Gear

Any suggestions for good shadow-based stealth games for the iPhone or that are universal? Thanks
    Also, if any have a lite/free version, that would be great

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Gameloft actually has a splinter cell game. It's decent.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    VR Mission EXT is my pick for a really good stealth action game.

I believe there's a lite version, but dont quote me on that. Make sure you get the EXT version.

4. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    +1
    Ext was a TA game of the week when it released. Great little game.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #5 undeadcow, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Aside from EXT, Pixel Ninja is decent if you don't mind 2D pixel graphics; I was surprised coming from Triniti (but it's from 2010 so maybe just before the freemium craze).

6. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    No shadow-based aspect, but check out Perfect Cell. It is a fun sneaker game, IMHO and I seem to remember that it had a Lite...

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Dynamite Jack (or whatever it was called)?

8. The nightworld, by glu(so yes there is iap but u can beat this one without it) it's a unreal powered 3d stealth post apoctoliptic game... Based on an excellent book, so it has a pretty good story... Preety in, u can go willy nilly and spray everything with ur gun or take them out with stealth kills and it's universal... Plays well on iPod 3

9. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great game!!!!!!!!! And FREE now!!!

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea and its heavy IAP unless you wanna grind for hours

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No it's not. You can finish the game without any IAPs at all. The IAPs are there if you find the game too difficult. They are more like soft cheats more than anything.

12. Albatross

Albatross Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of stealth games, but if you are willing to try out a stealth game involving jets, you could have a look at an app from the Ace Combat Series. The campaign modes are pretty short, but they are at reasonable prices.

Have you considered a Modern Combat game? I have read reviews and they are I hear that the app is pretty good and well worth the money, but since I haven't downloaded it myself, I can't say too much about it.

Happy posting and I hope you find the perfect stealth game that suits your needs :)

13. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I don't mean to be a total douchebag, but your post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Ace Combat? Stealth? Are you kidding me... really now.

And then you follow that up with Modern Combat. Ugh! The TC asked for stealth games. I'm fairly certain you know full and well that the games you are recommending have nothing to do with stealth. At all. Like... -0.3% stealth. Especially Ace Combat. What, do you transform into a mouse on certain missions and infiltrate the Lair of the Kitten God without being seen? Using mouse traps as trebouches (sp?) to catapult cheese at unsuspecting guards on patrol?

I highly doubt it.

I'm all for pushing apps that I feel are deserving of all the love of the world, but even then I still try to keep those suggestions within the boundaries of the topic.

Sorry. You caught me in a bad mood. My owner doesn't give me enough yarn at early hours of the morn like this. :( Being a kitty in this house is difficult.

As for the TC: I've heard Dynamite Jack is pretty fun. And if Monaco ever makes it to iOS, I've heard that's an amazing stealth game as well! Splinter Cell by Gameloft is abhorrent, though, in my opinion. But I hated the console Conviction, so I am more than a little biased :eek: I will say, though, from my experience with stealth games on iOS, I find them extremely difficult to be sneaky in, due to the lack of tactile controls. So good luck. I'm sure I'm the only one that has had that experience, but ehhhh. :p

When I play stealth games, I want to move the thumbstick ever so slightly to creep around in the shadows. Utilizing a virtual joystick to maneuver so quietly and carefully... it just doesn't work for me. I need to feel that thumbstick.

14. Albatross

Albatross Member

Jan 24, 2013
    My apologies. Thanks for correcting me, I was doing a lot more tasks than I could handle and I think I replied in the wrong forum or website. But, I did look up some stealth games and I found a pretty good list :) Thanks again
    http://arcadesushi.com/best-stealth-games/

15. BoogieGames

BoogieGames Active Member

16. Bronxsta

Wow, that's for the link. I hadn't even heard of this game before. Now I'll be keeping an eye of this one

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Love this genre!

Tale Tapper
    Mailmen
    Level 22
    Zoo Escape
    Spy Mouse
    EVAC
    Perfect Cell
    Dynamite Jack
    Stealth Assassin
    Beat Sneak Bandit
    Pikpawket
    Gesundheit!
    Tiny Thief
    Stealth Inc
    Robbery Bob
    Rob n Roll
    Silent Swords
    Surveillant
    MacGuffin's Curse
    Riddick
    Frozen Synapse (iPad)

What did I miss???

18. Bronxsta

Thread resurrection!

Stealth Assassin is great, an underrated gem

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What about Silent Ops?

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yeah, awesome of you to have started one. I have almost all on my list, still need to grab a few though. I heard EVAC was pretty good.