iPhone Small Space XL is coming to iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by meanstreak, Jun 9, 2010.

1. meanstreak

meanstreak Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Independent game designer
    Toronto
    The first iPad game from Rocket 5 Studios is Small Space XL!

Size matters! The object of the game is to make your ship as big as possible by eating the little green guys (Yummies) and then safely delivering them to the yellow space station (Hungry). The bigger you are when you reach Hungry, the more points you'll get! Small Space is all about risk vs. reward with 31 OpenFeint Leaderboards and over 30 Achievements!

There's a touchArcade thread about the iPhone version with more info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

-Tim

www.rocket5project.com

2. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
  3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    A reprint of mine from the iPhone Thread:

I was given the honor of test driving the iPad version (as far as I can tell the exact same games as this iPhone version but given iPad native graphic support) and it's awesome!

I think the dev already explained the gameplay but I could try to sum it up again. The game is all handled by simple one touch control where you simply tap on the screen to have your big big bad self try to fly right at that point in a straight line. Your mission is to grab as many yummies as you can before docking but the game has a pretty clever progressive scoring system. Once docked you'll get so many points per yummy swallowed but the points gained per yummy seems to be somewhat tied into your size. Pick up 3 guys before docking and you'd get about 75 points (3 x 25) but manage to snag 30 guys and you could make 9000 points (30 x 300)! The catch being it is pretty hard to maneuver around hazards when you're taking up 1/3 of the screen. The game has two type of hazards to thwart you. The meanies (looking like red bombs) and black holes. Bump into a meany and the game is over, simple as that. Bumping into a black hole is not fatal but instead empties out your ship of yummies and will enlarge to essentially whatever size you were before it shrunk you back down making it much harder to avoid for the rest of the round and practically guaranteeing a craptacular score for the round (each of the game's 30 rounds have their own scoreboad as well as one combine score scoreboard). Each level gets successively harder by throwing in more meanies and black holes to avoid.

5/5 Cute and Stupid (stupidly addictive, that is)!

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks great.

5. meanstreak

Sep 18, 2009
    Toronto
  6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
  7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I was getting ready to buy the iPhone version if it is universal. If not I will wait for the iPad version.

8. meanstreak

Sep 18, 2009
    Toronto
  9. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Congrats! :) I love this game on my iPod, wishlisted for my iPad. :) Congrats on the release, btw!

10. meanstreak

Sep 18, 2009
    Toronto
    Thanks! The iPad version has been out for a few days and is on sale for 0.99! And it's currently featured under New & Noteworthy!

11. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Awesome, congrats on New and Noteworthy! :)