Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Are there ongoing TA matches right now? I am getting murdered here, so frustrating.

2. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Eh?
    The game we played was quite good.. We lost but it was still fun

Note: pal group is TA MC4 btw, if anyone's interested. It might be easier matching up with people cuz the party system seems to be a bit buggy for some reason

3. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Can you play the ranked match with party or do you have to play just party matches? Do you get xp or no?

4. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    I played a ranked match with FightingGI and one with Lol. Got the exp and credits

Although speaking of xp and credits, when I quit from a game when I'm in the lobby (post match) I seem to lose all the xp and credits I earn in that particular match. anyone else facing this?

5. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Idk sometimes it does that some times it doesn't

6. JackyLau95

JackyLau95 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    This game is so much better than MC3. Less lag, better graphics and audio through headphones. And when you're crouched behind cover and use the iron sight, your character automatically stands up until you stop using the iron sights.

There do seem to be bugs though in multiplayer. Sometimes, the movement control stops working. And also, if you choose a server to join, you will not get exp. you will have to select a ranked match.

7. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    Before I got my ipad I used to play MC3 on android and it used to happen EVERY single time if I quit from the lobby right after a game. I either had to wait for the next game to start and then quit, or force quit the game from the lobby. It's pretty irritating, and I hope they fix it soon.
    It's happened twice already

8. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I am glad I am not the only one who is having problem with controls. Sometimes it just stops working for a second. Lol

9. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Had this happen to me within the first 5 minutes, I tried to switch to the other control methods and then switched back to my regular one and still had the problem. I ended up hitting restart to last check point (in campaign) by accident and that fixed it but very annoying. How do you fix it in MP, just quit the game and join a new one?

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I got 20% low battery notification which caused me lag. I rage quitted to get a charger

11. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    that popup drives me crazy. i wanna turn it off!

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    What's your KD Ratio guys? Mine is only 1.29 or something after a little over 250 kills. It does lag on iPod, thankfully less than MC3

13. fire282

fire282 Member

Dec 20, 2010
    little disappointed in the length of the campaign. It seemed like the shortest of all MC titles, including MC 1. Yes 12 Missions but most are short, maybe 6 or 7 minutes.

14. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    My KD ratio's 1.01
    194 kills, 193 deaths

Am I the only one here facing issues with the party system? Paul just sent me an invite, I accepted it (from the armory) and nothing happened -.-"

15. JackyLau95

JackyLau95 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    My kd is only like 0.88 lol. I'm in NZ though so maybe it has more connection delay. Not sure. Either way it lags so much less than mc3 fortunately. My kd on mc3 was like 0.3 lol.

16. Jman7997

Jman7997 Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Mine is 2.01 after a few hours:p

17. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Well, I bit the bullet and bought it.

IPAD MINI feedback: Campaign

All effects appear to be on, that's a plus. But framerate is DEFINTELY below 30fps, not a smooth experience at all on the 1st mission. It's playable, but clearly not optimized for the Mini.

Overall graphics are amazing but not at all impressed with the character models—no visible upgrade from MC3. Weapons look great, FX are sweet. I already had MC3 on my device and it ran smoother than MC4. Hopefully a coming update will further optimize for Mini. I suggest Gameloft give us the option to enable/disable real-time character shadows because they honestly don't bring much to the experience and may help boost performance a little.

18. DodgeV83

DodgeV83 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How many people here have gyroscope working in this game? It's better on my iPhone 5, but still drifts very noticeably to the right.

19. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Can someone tell me how it runs on the iPod 4G? Thanks in advance :)

20. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    How is that a glitch? I'm glad it's that way. Those host grabbing noobs now will be forced to not be host all the times which = bye bye to easy kills and invincibility.