Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-25-2014, 10:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Lol that QB game sounds pretty intense. Like more of life sim than a football sim. So I could become Brett Favre at some point? Might have some X rated stuff in there.

Career mode sounds awesome. So in career you can possibly stick with one team infinitely (in one save file or whatever system you will use) and players will come and go as they retire (automatic or do you have control retiring them?)? So if I had a Peyton Manning of sorts I'd eventually lose him after a certain amount of years for retirement - or is he available to use continuously while growing stats?
Yep! So, in "Head Coach" Career Mode, which I've been working on, and which I'll have available within 3-4 weeks after the initial release, you choose a team and stick with it (unless I add the ability for the AI owners to fire you if you're just dismal, LOL). For this year, I'm planning on each career year to have four phases:
- Preseason, where you'll do training and eventually make some other decisions in future updates, slightly tweaking your team's ratings where you train
- Season, which is what you currently do, but will be adding pre-game and post-game stuff
- Postseason, where your players all age one year, with some getting slightly better and others maybe slowing a step and others staying pretty much then same. Some players will also leave your team - right now, just by aging, but I'll be adding where some leave to go to other teams.
- Draft, very rudimentary in 2014, but new players will come in and you'll try to work on strengthening your team if the draft has it or maybe shoring up some aging players

Right now, I don't have a "substitutions" or lineup screen, but I imagine we might need that later in the Fall, too.

I have more ideas than I have time for, LOL!! I hope you guys like what I've done this year and what I'll be doing the rest of the Fall.

And yeah, "PSF QB" is just a pipe dream right now, but it might be a fun app if I can get that in later.

Priorities right now:
1) get the app released asap
2) complete career play and release it
3) complete the Android version
4) assess features and suggestions from you guys
5) rest, LOL!
6) maybe PSF QB?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:21 AM

@psf... Looking forward to your latest version! I was one if your original fans of osf 2013 and we chatted about releasing the excel file per team so we could see the overall strength and weakness of players etc... Would you be willing to share that again for 2014?

It seems as if you have expanded the simulation with preseason, aging players, and a fraft...?

I'm assuming we can edit player names.

Any chance a player can upload a save file? The main reason would be similar to pro evolution soccer on ps3. The user community has created save files with updated rosters and team / player names. Once shared in forum users could upload the save file which how has updated rosters or player names.

User editing is great and finding ways to allow shared roster or save dukes would be awesome!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hey guys, just thought I would share the post on Pocket Tactics about Pro Strategy Football 2014.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/io...nshot-preview/

The new screen shots and UI look awesome. This is definitely one of my most anticipated games for the rest of this year (along with The Wild, Galactic Keep (if it comes out this year), Kingdoms, and Phantom Rift).

I'm not that savvy with posting new threads, so I was wondering if someone could start a new thread in the Upcoming Games section so that we can start the hype train for this guy! Thanks again Kerry for putting so much effort into making this game happen. I'm looking forward to purchasing this great game on day one!

- greenleaf
Old 09-05-2014, 06:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
@psf... Looking forward to your latest version! I was one if your original fans of osf 2013 and we chatted about releasing the excel file per team so we could see the overall strength and weakness of players etc... Would you be willing to share that again for 2014?

It seems as if you have expanded the simulation with preseason, aging players, and a fraft...?

I'm assuming we can edit player names.

Any chance a player can upload a save file? The main reason would be similar to pro evolution soccer on ps3. The user community has created save files with updated rosters and team / player names. Once shared in forum users could upload the save file which how has updated rosters or player names.

User editing is great and finding ways to allow shared roster or save dukes would be awesome!
I'm working as much as I can to get this out in the next month, losing a lot of sleep, but I'll have to push some things off to updates or I'll never get it out. I've been talking with a fellow about the file/names thing, and it's definitely doable. I'll get that in in an early update.

Also, I have the design for audibles coming along, but had to put it on hold to finish up other things. My "to do" and wish lists are just too large, LOL!

I want this version to be something that existing users appreciate and enjoy, and I've included several suggestions from people. But I'm also hoping that the improved UI and Casual Mode will help me broaden the base. The Career Mode will be available a little later, and I'm hoping that'll help broaden the base even more. And of course, I'm planning an Android version for mid-Fall.

Thanks for the suggestions, and I'll definitely get that in!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

The only thing I'm worried about is if releasing Career Mode later on will not help sales because people may not see it. Often people look at new releases and see what they have to offer. If the game is big enough, updates are usually very visible. If the game doesn't get big, mentions of updates often disappear. I would hope Career Mode would help boost the app popularity.

I like how the UI is turning out but I'm not sold too well on the Title screen (if the one in the preview is the one you're using). I just don't like using "real" images if the game doesn't have real looking graphics / art. I feel like pixel art would work better in this case. Aside from that, I'm still excited

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 09-05-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Old 09-05-2014, 09:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
Hey guys, just thought I would share the post on Pocket Tactics about Pro Strategy Football 2014.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/io...nshot-preview/

The new screen shots and UI look awesome. This is definitely one of my most anticipated games for the rest of this year (along with The Wild, Galactic Keep (if it comes out this year), Kingdoms, and Phantom Rift).

I'm not that savvy with posting new threads, so I was wondering if someone could start a new thread in the Upcoming Games section so that we can start the hype train for this guy! Thanks again Kerry for putting so much effort into making this game happen. I'm looking forward to purchasing this great game on day one!

- greenleaf
Thanks so much! I really appreciate that, and I hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
The only thing I'm worried about is if releasing Career Mode later on will not help sales because people may not see it. Often people look at new releases and see what they have to offer. If the game is big enough, updates are usually very visible. If the game doesn't get big, mentions of updates often disappear. I would hope Career Mode would help boost the app popularity.

I like how the UI is turning out but I'm not sold too well on the Title screen (if the one in the preview is the one you're using). I just don't like using "real" images if the game doesn't have real looking graphics / art. I feel like pixel art would work better in this case. Aside from that, I'm still excited
Unfortunately, that means I have to decide between delaying the release even further or releasing it and then the career mode, a hard choice. My son suggests I release the app with the Career screens (which are mostly functional) as a Career Demo. You'd be able to look at the seasons, teams, and players, but not play career games, but at least you'd get a taste of what it'll have.
Old Yesterday, 02:49 AM

Easily my most anticipated game! The screenshots look fantastic!
Old Yesterday, 03:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Can't wait for career mode!

But do what you think is best. Release this version now and mention coming soon in the description. I'll post about it to my NFL friends