Universal Forever Lost ( by Glitch Games )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GlitchGames, Oct 1, 2012.

1. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    So part 2 is going to come out March/April kinda time?

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I look like I am one of the next 10 to post since you posted that... so I am interested in trying pls :)

3. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    If I am one of the ten people who have posted...who have not played it yet...I'd like a code! Thanks!
    :confused:

4. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    CEO of Tinker Games
    Bandung
    looks good! Gonna get it immediately :D

5. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    You should be able to walk back out of the cave to the overview map and back along the path to the right of the screen where you came in.

In theory yes, we want it out as soon as we can but don't want to rush it :)

Yup, you should have a code in your inbox any minute now.

Code on its way.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

6. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Now we have some images to show for episode 2 we have been posting them on Facebook and Twitter but would also like to post them on TA for you guys. Would it be best to post them in this thread or create a new thread specifically for all things ep2?

7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I would set up a new thread and just post a link to it on this one.

8. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
  9. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
  10. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We thought we'd have some fun and make a little tie-in app, it's called Forever Lost Camera and is sort of like an Instagram for Forever Lost ( without the social stuff )

It's pretty simple and allows you to take photos which then get Forever Lostified and can then be scribbled on. You can then upload them to Facebook and Twitter or save them to your devices album.

It's currently "Waiting For Review" and you can see some more info about it on our website here - http://www.glitchgames.co.uk/app/forever-lost-camera/

Naturally it will be free :)

11. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #191 tblrsa, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    I´ve bought Episode 1, which will hopefully help a little bit to bring out Episode 2 sooner. :)

VERY VERY good game, I´m really enjoying this. I´m stuck at the moment, but I refuse to use the hints just yet. I will try to make some sense out of this puzzle in my head first. :) Basically your mention of Monkey Island sold me. Anyone who does love Adventure Games this deeply just has to make a good game, and your game is more than solid. Great work!

The subtle humor is great. For example the low esteem guys being asked to use the back door made me laugh out loud. Hope to see more of this in Episode 2. Keep it up!

Now back to my whiskey. :D

12. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Every little helps and every sale is HUGE for us so thank you very much!

Very happy to hear that you like it so much, we won't give you any hints unless you beg ( and then we still might not ). We tried to make the Hint system in the game more of a system of gentle nudges than actual solutions.

I was brought up around Monkey Island and have played it more times than I can think and bought so many copies over the years it's silly. I just kept losing those darn Dial-A-Pirate code wheels :)

I'm glad you noticed that! We love little references, private jokes and subtle sarcasm etc, some of the best stuff are the things that only 1% of players will even notice let alone find funny. We're hoping to get lots more in for ep 2 now we know people don't think they are out of place.

I'm more of a Rum guy but I hear Whiskey has similar effects in regards to puzzle solving :)

13. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Just so everyone knows, Forever Lost Camera is now out - http://www.glitchgames.co.uk/app/forever-lost-camera/

As stated it's just for fun however one very important thing has come out of the development, we have made the actual camera feature much better as you will notice in the app. These changes will be making their way over to the main game in a later update.

14. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    I picked up this game by chance when it was free. Best free app I download all year. I played it from beginning to end in one sitting, it was that good. I hope episode 2 is as fun as 1 was, because its a day one purchase for me.

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks Lance! Glad that you enjoyed it :) We're working on ep 2 now and hoping for it to be even more fun than the first ep :D If you're interested we have the game on Facebook and Twitter so that you can keep up to date with it and know when it is going to be released:

www.facebook.com/ForeverLostGame

www.twitter.com/ForeverLostGame

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Will it be a seperate app or a add on?

17. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Good to know you're aiming so high. How many episodes are planned right now?

18. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We had originally planeed for them all to be included in a single app but with the first landing at just over 300mb and all signs pointing to ep 2 being bigger than that it just wouldn't really work.

We're hoping for 4, at least we have the story planned out over 4. Hopefully we can get enough sales to keep us fed so that we can make them all :)

19. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    4? Woooo, 1st was great and can't wait to see how the story develops :)

20. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Great! I picked up Episode 1, and really liked it a lot. Just finished leaving a solid 5* review.