Autumn Dynasty Warlords (By Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2013.

1. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    What's the supports devices with this?

2. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Lookin forward to this! Really my only anticipated iOS game right now...

3. gamedboy

gamedboy Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    Warlords is a universal app supporting iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, iPod touch 5th gen, iPad mini, and iPad 2 onwards.

4. favoyang

favoyang Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Co-Founder of LittleBigFun
    Beijing, China
    Wish it coming soon!

5. gamedboy

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    Manage your empire turn by turn: Build epic cities, raise armies, recruit generals and undertake portentous quests. Engage in espionage, sabotage and diplomacy in your mission to dominate the realm.

Fight your battles in real time: Direct your armies using simple brushstrokes on handpainted battle maps. Flank, encircle and outmaneuver your enemies, or turn the tide of battle with special abilities.

[​IMG]

6. Imperio

Imperio Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    RTS Gobbler
    A sunny island!
    Warlords, officers and units.

Adding on to gamedboy's post, do check out the Autumn Dynasty Warlords website as there'll be new content (warlord, officer, unit and the random gameplay sceenshot) released every other day.

Plus a bundle of gameplay content around the weekends :)

It'd be great if we could get feedback from you guys too!

7. gamedboy

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    #47 gamedboy, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Detailed Introduction of Warlords

Hi Everyone! This is a detailed introduction of Warlords from my fellow developer fernfreak. Please be patient as it is a huge game to introduce :D

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Awesome tutorial. Will be looking forward for more updates :) keep up the good work. Cheers to the dev

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    With Bug Heroes 2 out (and Naval Tactics already resting safely on my device :p ), Warlords has probably eclipsed Block Fortress War as the (iOS, but possibly regardless of platform) title I am looking forward to the most.

10. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Ha! AGREED! I said almost the exact same thing in the Block Fortress thread......

My point was that, since Bug Heroes is out now, Warlords and Block Fortress War are the ONLY iOS games I am anticipating in the foreseeable future.......
    And I feel that says ALOT about the current, seemingly "weak" state of tablet/mobile gaming in my humble opinion.

Since I am an iPad strategy lover, then I guess I need to checkout Naval Tactics as I pretty much only play strategy games on iOS and refuse to play just about anything else......well, with the exception of the outstanding Jet Car Stunts, Block Fortress and Bug Heroes of course!

Anyway, I will say that I am thankful for these guys bringing us another Autumn Dynasty which is a fun, unique experience and by far the best RTS for this platform (next to MaW 3), as well as one of the best IOS games overall!

Like I always say: "Too many great games on too many platforms and never enough time to play or really enjoy them all....."

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Touch Dimensions, any plans for async + realtime online multiplayer for Warlords? Asynchronous mechanics for the 4X elements, but realtime fights for any confrontations between players (basically, the whole single player mode carried over to multiplayer) would be something entirely new, and probably deeply sophisticated.

That might just be most original and engrossing strategy multiplayer experience for the platform (and indeed, perhaps for any platform).

My sentiments actually echo those of Chair: I really think we are living in a golden age of gaming :)

But yeah, regardless, Warlords really rests at the top.

12. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    At the start, we actually designed the Empire Management, Battle Selection and RTS Combat (AI takes over if you or a clan mate is not there) with async+realtime multiplayer in mind, but we chose to give it up in order not to sacrifice elements that wouldn't fit into a multiplayer experience well.

This decision also enabled us the freedom to expand other portions of the Warlords like diplomacy, espionage and (story) events, so I think it's a good thing overall.

Therefore, we haven't any real plans now to have Warlords become multiplayer, BUT this doesn't rule out adding various multiplayer features.

I'm wanting for myself a Blitz/Skirmish mode where you choose which units and decrees (these confer combat modifiers or bonuses to specific units) to bring into a fight with other players, but I have no idea how hard the implementation is or if it's even feasible for us.

13. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Supported Device?

Can iPod Touch 3GN 32GB running IOS 5.1.1 run Autumn Dynasty: Warlords?

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I guessed some limited mode-specific multiplayer might be on the table for the future. And that alone would probably be massively fun :)

But if you ever find a way to bring the whole single player experience to online play (diplomacy, espionage, all those mechanics that might not initially look like they'd suite a multiplayer mode, much like how Civ IV/V feature all single player mechanics in online games as well), I really believe you might create the most engrossing, compelling, unique but simultaneously widely appealing strategy game for hardcore iOS strategy fans.

15. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Very sorry Sir Hanet, we can only support the 5th generation iPod in Warlords.

16. gamedboy

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    Warlords and Units

ADW_warlords_collateral.jpg

ADW_units_collateral.jpg

17. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Am I off base in thinking this looks like a Total War style game just with the tactical battle engine of the original Autumn Dynasty?

There are officers, city building, a strategic map. Can the officers die in combat??

I hadn't been following this ( though I enjoyed the first game ) so was pleasantly surprised when I saw the video!

18. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Nope, you got it spot on!

Total War meets Romance of the Three Kingdoms (big fan here) meets Autumn Dynasty RTS battles is how I describe warlords myself.

Our officers are a bit more hardy than others and don't die off easily, but they can get injured or even imprisoned by other warlords.

And.... in case anyone here hasn't heard already, our first Autumn Dynasty will be free till the 26th, so do get it while it is. We can only do updates on this new version (an AI fix is pending among other things), so thats another reason to grab this new copy even if you had the original.