Paid/Freemium Filter

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by september, Nov 14, 2012.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I don't know how others feel and I'm only speaking for myself, but I'd be grateful if there were a way that I could filter out freemium titles and paid ones. I doubt you'd be keen to do a separate release forum, but even if the functionality could be added to the TA app would be great.

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Such a filter would be useless. Most paid games have IAPs too, some worse even than the freemium ones.

Better alternative would be to have freemium, paymium and premium. But it's not a feasible idea really.

3. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I think you misunderstand, there was no mention of IAP filtering, merely new releases that are paid and new releases that are free. I don't see why it'd be too hard to do due to apps and sites already being able to filter this information.

Now filtering the way you suggested, while it would be awesome wouldn't work.

itd just be nice on release night to not have to wade through an increasing number of freemium titles if a user wished. Filtering free from paid should be relatively painless.

4. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I think you misunderstand what you yourself are saying. Free and freemium are not one and the same. By freemium, I thought you meant something with relation to IAPs.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #5 september, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    I think you just like to argue sometimes :)

Lets put it this way, there are very few new releases that are free and not freemium. You may get the odd one by a dev just sharing their work but it general it doesn't take much to work out that if it's free on release, than its more than likely freemium or ad supported.

I didn't think it would require explaining tbh, it's pretty simple really. Although granted, I could have worded my initial post a little clearer, but still.

6. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Well, if you think this is an argument, you win. Gold stars to you. Bravo.

7. september

Sep 14, 2012
    You're such the grump :)