How do i find devs?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by JUSTQUAN2, Sep 6, 2009.

1. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Member

Jul 21, 2009
    hi everyone who reads this. i mean no forum disrespect by this thread so please don't chew my head off. but i think i have a great idea for a touch app/game. thing is i am not a developer but i really feel this would be a nice game. also i don't want full credit if this ever gets off the ground i don't want to be jerked around either. jerked around meaning someone running off with the idea and basically saying i had no part in it. just want to create an app that i am sure most guys and some females will enjoy. so if someone can help me on this i would really appreciate it :).

2. I'm sure there are a few devs here who might want to help you out if they feel the idea is worth the trouble. However, you can also hire freelancers on places like eLance. Before I finally got round to buying a Mac and deciding to do my own development, I was looking into it and got some quotes. Typically I was able to find prices anywhere from $1,000 to $3,500. Much of the time you get what you pay for, but there are also lots of overpriced outfits out there, too. You have to open a dialog with a potential candidate, find out what they've worked on before, and make sure they have good communication and are able to successfully convert your ideas into a reality.

At the very least if you're serious about such an endeavour, you should make up a white paper on your idea that details every little scrap of information you can muster so any potential developer will have a clear design concept and can build a path from A to B the way you want it.