iTunes Connect- confirmation on bank details?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by wastedyuthe, Mar 30, 2009.

1. I set up all my info on iTunes Connect a few days ago, entering my bank and contact details, along with emailing Apple with my tax form PDF. I had an email response from the tax form, saying it is correct. My Paid Applications contract is showing an expiration date, and a green tick under 'Contract in Effect'. However, I have not had any confirmation that my bank details have been checked and verified.
    Do we get such a confirmation?

2. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    You're good to go.

No confirmation will be sent.

3. Thanks. I'll leave this thread up in case others might be wondering about this too.

4. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I got no confirmation on anything, but I have the green check thing. Wasted is a moderator now :eek:

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I believe he was a moderator before he was an iPhone developer. :)

6. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I received a confirmation through email a few weeks after I filled out the form, it's working right now though.

By the way, the game looks great!

7. #7 wastedyuthe, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Hehe! You only just noticed? SpmWinkel's correct.

Thanks!

One thing is concerning me a little since I completed my bank details. I have emailed Apple, but have had no response yet. Basically, I am using what is known as here in the UK, a "current" account. But the two options available to select from in iTunes Connect are "savings" or "checking" account. I chose Checking as mine definitely is not a savings account. A current account is just your average bog standard account where wages might be paid into for example. Should that be ok?

me and finances aren't a good mix!

8. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Well, my dad did it for me, I hope he did a good job :p My accounts (I have 3 ;)) are also just normal regular accounts. My dad checking the "checking account" option. But I do live in the US, but that is just my (my dad's to) experience. It could be easier, but what do you do?

9. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    I never received a confirmation email. BulletDev, what did yours say?

10. I have just received a nice email from Apple...

"Hello Barry,

Thank you for your e-mail. I do see where you entered an IBAN into iTunesConnect. We will be able to decode the IBAN and get all the necessary information to set up your banking details in our accounting system (SAP).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us."

Sounds like I should be good to go then. Great.

11. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    My email said something like:

"Hello James,

Thank you for filling out your bank and tax information. The contracts are now in effect."

I'll dig around for the email.

12. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I'm in the UK too. You were right to choose checking account.

13. Thanks for the confirmation.

14. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Taxes and stuff?

Hi guys (and gals?) another European here. I am almost ready with my first app and am not particularly looking forward to the whole contract-bit.

I remember from earlier on that I would need to get a US tax-number. Is this still required or has this been changed?

If it is still required, could anyone fill me in on the details on how I actually go about securing such a number? Thanking you all in advance.:)

15. Well I can't speak for your country, but I know that for UK residents all that is needed is 9 zero's in the US tax number box. Then I ticked a box to say I was a UK resident, and that was it.

You can confirm with Apple yourself by emailing them at [email protected]
    A very friendly lady got back to me the same day confirming that's what I needed to do. When you enter those details on the online form, a form is then emailed to you for you to print out and tick the same boxes again. Then you can email it back to Apple (rather than having to post it to the US) at the email above as a PDF. That's what I have done and had a response saying they received it and it is all correct.

16. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Barry. Sounds promising. Hopefully we'll have a similar solution to you guys over in Blighty.