Seeking Unity developer

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by LCDDreams, Jan 30, 2012.

1. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    #1 LCDDreams, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    Hey guys
    I'm the COO of LCD Dreams, Inc., a newly formed web and mobile game co. We formed just last summer - in fact, you guys helped us pick the name of the company! I also go by Artfoundry on these forums, so some of you might know me already.

We're working on a new RPG for web, iOS, and Android and have come across a snag. Our developer, who was almost finished with the prototype, is no longer able to work full time on the project.

So we need a new programmer with Unity experience to help us finish it. If you're available in the next couple of weeks and can spend 2-4 weeks on the project to help us finish up the demo, please contact me either through PM here or [email protected]. Of course, if we like your work, we'll invite you to become a permanent part of the team! Once we get fully funded, that means salary, benefits, stock, etc.

You can find out more about the game here: angel.co/lcd-dreams. I look forward to hearing from you!

Just to see what level of game we're working on, here are some samples of the concept art:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    No Unity developers looking for work? We are able to pay (and we're submitting to kickstarter soon to obtain more intermediate funding).

3. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Just wanted to post on this account to show I am who I say I am. Also, we are able to pay for this work, albeit not as much as would be expected (we already used up a lot of our money on the previous developer). However, we're posting to kickstarter soon to get some more intermediate funding, and we can offer stock as well.

4. VRPgames

VRPgames Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Ireland
    If you are stuck with finding a developer just learn Unity programming and invest those money in self education. It'll pay off.

5. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Unfortunately I just don't have the time to do that work. I have a full time job already, and due to the type of game, we need to get it out in the next year (or we'll miss our window).

6. If you're making a 3D game (and that's Unity's specialty) then you are talking serious cash and development. If you have enough money you can easily find someone over on the Unity forums.

Our game is using Unity so I'm extremely familiar with it. I can answer some dev questions though I'm unfortunately not available for work.

7. You might want to email the Bay Area Game Development Meetup group. You can find them on meetup.com. I also know some people if you send me a private message. Good luck, your concept art is coming along well.

8. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Yes, it's 3D, and yep, we're very aware of how much it will cost - we've already budgeted the development until release. For the demo, we've got a little cash left, but we're going to post to kickstarter to try to get more. However, what we really want is someone who's excited about the project and wanting to stay on to work through the entire thing in exchange for stock (and later salary, etc. once we get fully funded).

Thanks for the offer to consult - don't have any questions atm, but I'll let you know if we do.

9. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Yep, I recently got an email from the group offering to post job listings (unusual for the group), so I'll be doing that. I'll PM you - thanks!

10. Unity 3D forums if you want overseas help and to stretch the dollar. Local college if your willing to wait for someone to get up to speed on Unity and game development. If you can post a screenshot and give a programmer confidence that your prototype is far along and stable I bet you could make some progress but otherwise I think your better off getting the money first then paying a solid contractor up front.

Good Luck

11. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Yep, I've posted to the Unity forums (actually, that's where we found our first developer). We also did a small focus group at a local college, so it's possible we could go back there to find someone. However, we'd really prefer someone with experience.