★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

11-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Traveler View Post
I'm working through Dragon Quest II and taking my dear sweet time. It's a busy time of the year and as such, I've made very very very little progress. I've acquired the Prince of Crannock and I'm questing for the Silver Key, once I get better armor for the Prince. The grind is real.

Like I've said elsewhere, it's been years since I played this back on the NES. I don't have super fond memories but I'm hoping the remix goes better.
I is better than II
II if Iím right is the one most people donít like
I found it to be okay III I like a whole lot
11-15-2017, 09:00 PM
RPGolf is out and if youíre an RPG fan this is one you will want to check out, very good game!

11-15-2017, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I is better than II
II if Iím right is the one most people donít like
I found it to be okay III I like a whole lot
Yeah, it ranks my least favorite of the first three DQ games easily. But I havenít played it since itís release on the NES. I recall getting frustrated by how useless the Prince Of Crannock felt as a character. I also recall a general sense of disengagement with the world.

The remix on iOS is going ok. With the caveat that Iím still in the early on the rails part, it doesnít feel like the mess I recall from way back when.
11-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Yeah, it ranks my least favorite of the first three DQ games easily. But I haven’t played it since it’s release on the NES. I recall getting frustrated by how useless the Prince Of Crannock felt as a character. I also recall a general sense of disengagement with the world.

The remix on iOS is going ok. With the caveat that I’m still in the early on the rails part, it doesn’t feel like the mess I recall from way back when.
It’s still a good RPG
I have all the DQ games on mobile even ViI from Japan store and I have played II the least but that makes me want to play it more now I need to get on it after I beat i I was going to tackle too but I just moved on to III instead and really enjoyed it
VII is my favorite so far even over VIII
I need to at least give II a better go
11-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Itís still a good RPG
I have all the DQ games on mobile even ViI from Japan store and I have played II the least but that makes me want to play it more now I need to get on it after I beat i I was going to tackle too but I just moved on to III instead and really enjoyed it
VII is my favorite so far even over VIII
I need to at least give II a better go
I have the silver key. Whee! Now it's off to get the Princess of Moonbrooke. As I recall, she's pretty awesome and part of the reason that the Prince of Crannock feels so...meh.

On the upside though, the remix gives us the seeds. I've decided that I'm going to use those on the Prince. I checked, and he gets a few more pieces of equipment he can use. I'm hoping that between seeds and the new equipment he feels less like a place holder by the end of the game and more like an equal team member.
11-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Quote:
I have the silver key. Whee! Now it's off to get the Princess of Moonbrooke. As I recall, she's pretty awesome and part of the reason that the Prince of Crannock feels so...meh.

On the upside though, the remix gives us the seeds. I've decided that I'm going to use those on the Prince. I checked, and he gets a few more pieces of equipment he can use. I'm hoping that between seeds and the new equipment he feels less like a place holder by the end of the game and more like an equal team member.
The mobile versions are better and I think they made them a little easier but that's fine by me!
Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Quote:
The mobile versions are better and I think they made them a little easier but that's fine by me!
I definitely think it's easier. The Zoom spell gives access to Tantagel Castle earlier, where the improved Wizard Staff and Clothes of Hiding are sold along with the Sledgehammer and Iron helmet. That means I can grind against tougher enemies and score some more advanced gear a bit earlier in the game. Which I'm totally doing.

I had a good hour or two to play yesterday and got the Princess of Moonbrooke, so the band's all back together. I'm grinding in good old Alefgard for a while before I move on to the Tower of Wind.