Universal Starsceptre (by Richard Morgan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah sure... cool idea!

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Wooooohooooooo!

Cookies brownies cakes pies
    #######

On my way Yo!

###Tilt N Shmup###

3. 8bitmagicgames

8bitmagicgames Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Head on over to your twitter account as I DM’d you your secret code for an in-game surprise!

4. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    So I’ve made Starsceptre half price again for 5 days. Another chance to get your hands on it for less than a cup of coffee!

5. ra51

ra51 Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Oh cool, yep will send you an ugly mug of myself to get in the game. Then everyone will have to see it in their nightmare, muhahahaha!!!

6. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Hah hah awesome! It came through! Look for it when I release the new version and I’ll send you your code to unlock it via DM in twitter!

7. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Player’s avatars in the game so far

Hi, so here are the first 8 avatars in the game. The respective people have been sent their Konamicode to unlock themselves.

I’m working on the next 20 as we speak for the next update.

Also Starsceptre is half price until end of November.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

8. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Brand new full touch controls in 2.0

Hi all, sorry for the radio silence. I've been plugging away recoding Starsceptre and making it a fully touch SHMUP.

I've done away with the tilt and joystick for a much improved touch anywhere to move the ship around the whole screen !

As well as that, I've redesigned the weapons to take advantage of protecting your rear now you are away from the bottom!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfLhNujH90G/?hl=en&taken-by=richardamorgan

Also some of the members and players on this forum have been given their own pixel avatar to unlock in the game too.

Let me know what you think and it's great to be back.

Best,
    Rich
    8BitMagicGames

9. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Price lowered to at least 50%

And for a short while there’s at least 50% off Starsceptre in the App Store. UK price is £0.79, US $0.99 and many other countries even Lower.

Good hunting!

10. Megalith

Megalith New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    iCade support please

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i think you should use this experience you have gained from starsceptre and make a brand new, fully fledged shmup with unlockable ships, weapons, upgrades, touch controls etc the full package from the get go.

I say this because a) you seem very passionate and dedicated - the gaming scene needs more of that and b) probably starsceptre’s steam - and any game’s - is strongest on the first week of release. Instead of making this one better, put the resources in a brand new shmup that will get more visibility and buyers than the relatively “old” starsceptre.

12. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    This looks great! Any plan to optimise it for iphone x?

13. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you. Good advice.

But having spent 2 and a half years on a shmup in my spare time, I won't be returning to making shmups for a while.

Maybe more updates to this will happen from time to time, but I've another game planned. A console and mobile platformer. Working in Unity with a developer so I can play to my skills more.

thanks again!

14. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    good question. When it was originally built I didn't know X was coming. It would mean a lot of rebuild, so it does depend on the uptake of the app. I might see how I can make it scale better in the short term as I much prefer the look in iPad than I do on taller iPhones. I'll let you know. Great question!

Anything in particular that would make it better for you on X ?

Thanks,
    Rich

15. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thanks for your feedback. I've spent 4 months totally redefining the controls to be touch now. Would love to know what you think!

16. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Also, did you get a chance to play it?

If not, DM me and I'll send you a free code. I'd love to know what you think of it. Thanks!

17. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Full screen visuals (not decorative border) would be great.

Maybe move the gaming area top-aligned so you have more room for your finger to manouvre down below?

18. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you!

Quick question, when you say decorative border, the only border I can think it has is the blue box for dialogue during the cut scenes, is this the one you mean? If so its there in the ipad and all iphones.

If it isn't that, can you send me a screenshot please?

The manouvre thing sounds cool. I'll look into it. Would the ship be able to move down lower too, or hit a base point, but your finger can be used below it? Cool!

thanks,
    Rich

19. 8bitmagicgames

Jun 23, 2017
    Change of price, just made it £0.49/€0.49

So, just because you guys are awesome, and there could be more of you playing, I've just this second changed the price and made it £0.49/€0.49. Probably for the next day or two.

Thanks,
    Rich
    8Bit Magic Games

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks for the kind code offer Rich, i will buy it instead so i can leave a review on the greek appstore after a few days.
    You can offer the code to another member, as i have 0 friends for mobile gaming.
    Also i was impressed by your greek, how can i not buy it now haha! Cheers :)