What games are you trying to "snipe"? Ever been successful?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by justThinkEasy, Jun 25, 2009.

1. justThinkEasy

justThinkEasy Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Personally, me and Touchgrind have a battle on who's gonna cave in first. I've been watching it ever since I got into the app store. However I think the time has come where I must accept defeat..:(

What are any games that you've had your eye on?
    What's your proudest "snipe"?

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    i got scoops for free

waiting for a fantastic contraption price drop

3. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    prob let's golf. Just get touchgrind. It loses its appeal eventually, but it's still good for a pickup every so often. It really is a joy to play once you get the controls down.

4. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I would have to say many Gameloft titles, since I had stayed strong on most and I am being rewarded now. I am with ya with Touchgrind though.

5. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Orions and Elemental Monster TD, I kick myself in the sack everytime I think about their intro sales and me not picking them up.

6. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Just get FC, you will NOT regret it! Most gameplay out of any physics puzzler I've seen. I guarantee that you'll never finish. And if you do (somehow), then there are plenty more ways to do all of the puzzles. Not to mention online uploads, trying other people's contraptions, and did I mention a of gameplay? (I think it's like 45 or so levels. The later ones will take you hours to figure out if you ever do lol) It's one of my All-Time favs as seen in my signature :D

7. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    There is a free online version of FC. Should try that one first to see if its your style.

I ended up not getting most of the games I wanted to snipe because by the time their prices drop, something better is in the horizon. e.g. Real Soccer. Now there is X2 and FIFA is also around the corner.

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Hero of Sparta...wanted that one for a long time...now I've got it for 99 cents instead of $9.99 or $5.99.

9. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Recently Hero of Sparta, Knights Onrush, and Real Soccer 09 (Controls feel unresponsive and I tend to switch players rather than pass or kick ugh). Now if only Brothers in Arms would drop to 99 cents. :)

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Knights Onrush and F.A.S.T.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I just check touchArcade and 148 apps price drops/new listings every day and snag sale items when they pop up.

And with the big name publishers playing the 99-cent game, it's well worth your time to check often... I never would have expected to snag Peggle for 99-cents! :eek:

Recently I've seen free for Fathers Day & Easter in addition to free for "a limited time"...

And on that note, I would highly recommend snagging Space Trader: Moon Madness right now while it is free for a few days! Great game if you like trading games - the author has been active on touchArcade and been very generous with promo codes (and the current sale price on the game!) ;)

12. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    cool, didn't know Moon Madness was free...that's madness, lol, but i'm d/l now

13. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    It's hard to say which snipe I'm the proudest of; HOS, knights onrush are up there and I was one of the lucky ones who got Peggle at 99c.
    I wasn't a good sniper with CJS and Wooden Labyrinth which I got at a discount but not 99c.

Finally, the apps Im REALLY waiting for a price drop are Sway and Spin. I cannot believe I didn't get SPin when it dropped to two dollars, but I thought it would be easy to get it at 99c ( I was so wrong).

I was also waiting for Fantastic Contraption but finally ended up getting Gadgets and Gizmos when it dropped to 2 bucks. I know FC is better but I finished it online so I wanted a different challenge. The other one I didn't get when it dropped and regret it is Slotz. When I first got my iPhone I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I saw a price drop and then never again. I think I'm over that one. But as far as Sway and Spin, I will NEVER get them unless I see those price drops. I know I'm the reason devs are having such a hard time selling at ful price. Its just that when you see so many price drops, you expect everything to fall.