Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 09:01 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyChunks View Post
This is somewhat of a tangent from the original question. While I may understand "why" they're against the "always online" requirement, I don't think that is a justification to trash the game or to be mean to the developer. It is nice when the developer appears in the forum and is willing to answer some questions, and not all games can be perfect, but do not be an entitled jerk to them.
I agree completely. Online only games don't work for me, but I wouldn't trash the game or give it a low rating for that reason alone.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:40 AM

I really want this game because, mainly, an addict to iOS games. Anyways, been playin BHL band it seems like a lot to do. Anyone thinks this is gonna be worth it since BHL dropped last night?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

As a fan of Ravenmark I was all set to grab this this morning since I crashed early last night and missed the 11:00 releases drop... Until I read in the thread that it requires a network connection! Looks like I'll have to pass on this game then. I just can't get behind a system like that. It may be a supposed means to combat piracy but it also is an inconvenience to legitimate customers who just don't use devices with a data plan. I don't play games on a phone, never will, and chose an iPad to do that on, but I will not get a data plan enabled iPad to do that.

My rule is that if I can't play a single player game when ever and wherever I currently am at, I won't buy it. Sure, this may be the direction that the industry is going, but it is not one I am willing to support and if I have to miss out on games then so be it. I can only hope enough people feel likewise that developers and publishers take note... And if not, then perhaps it's time for me to give up on this platform as a viable gaming alternative. It's a shame that this is the path the industry feels it needs to take to alleged combat piracy when there are alternatives.

Last edited by Bool Zero; 05-29-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Old 05-29-2014, 06:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
As a fan of Ravenmark I was all set to grab this this morning since I crashed early last night and missed the 11:00 releases drop... Until I read in the thread that it requires a network connection! Looks like I'll have to pass on this game then. I just can't get behind a system like that. It may be a supposed means to combat piracy but it also is an inconvenience to legitimate customers who just don't use devices with a data plan. I don't play games on a phone, never will, and chose an iPad to do that on, but I will not get a data plan enabled iPad to do that.

My rule is that if I can't play a single player game when ever and wherever I currently am at, I won't buy it. Sure, this may be the direction that the industry is going, but it is not one I am willing to support and if I have to miss out on games then so be it. I can only hope enough people feel likewise that developers and publishers take note... And if not, then perhaps it's time for me to give up on this platform as a viable gaming alternative. It's a shame that this is the path the industry feels it needs to take to alleged combat piracy when there are alternatives.
It's not about piracy. We've made our peace with that. It's for cheating. Cheating ruins the experience for you guys.

Also, this is more of a multiplayer game that happens to have some AI missions, not so much a single player game with multiplayer. Think more of Heroes Academy or Outwitters.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:24 AM

There's been development studios who went out of business cause thier game bombed due to a bunch of small wienered little boys cheating. I don't blame the dev for doing it online and I would do the same. I have wifi at home, LTE on my phone (6gb) so a connection isn't annoying to me.

Keep up the good work T. You gotta do what ya gotta do. I haven't seen any 1.99 for gems that are required of you want to get a mission done withing three days. Or a 2.99 for some epic artifact that has a durability scale of a sword made of poop. The haters can all hate. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-31-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
It's not about piracy. We've made our peace with that. It's for cheating. Cheating ruins the experience for you guys.

Also, this is more of a multiplayer game that happens to have some AI missions, not so much a single player game with multiplayer. Think more of Heroes Academy or Outwitters.
This is a very understandable reason for being an online only game. After all, multiplayer games only work one way. The confusion, and misplaced frustration, was due to the assumption that this was also a single player game, with an online requirement implemented to combat piracy. Call it the Gameloft reflex. And I'm guilty of it too.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
iPad

Added this to my watch list, looks good and I'll probably buy it tonight.