iPad Uncivil War-Looking For Testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Plectical, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plectical

Plectical Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Game Consulting
    Bay Area
    You can sign up to be added to Testflight here: https://goo.gl/forms/5e1jz2qF7J6sqD3h2

Uncivil War is a fast-paced strategic card game. Enjoy hard PVE and PVP gameplay with simple mechanics that makes for an intense duel! Recruit soldiers, build decks and battle against your enemies. Master card mechanics and deck strategies by collecting hundreds of cards. Battles resolve fast!

We're actively developing the game and would really love feedback on the existing game as well as the upcoming roadmap.

=== Uncivil War features ===

Fast & Simple CCG Mechanics
    Battles are designed to be fast and challenging. Based off the classic War game, players build a 14 card deck duel against other players in PVP or in the PVE campaign! For gamers that love MTG and Hearthstone but want a faster experience!

Hundreds of Cards to Build a Deck!
    With over 200 unique cards to place in your deck, Uncivil War provides a depth of strategic options unparalleled in other CCGs and TCGs.

Extensive Campaign
    Fight through challenging battles and bring an end to the war in the single-player campaign. Craft a custom card-battle strategy, adjusting it for each new challenge.

Gorgeous Pixel Art
    Stunningly rendered pixel art and gorgeous animations bring the game to life!

Attached Files:

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Signed up

3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is great!!
    I think this is going to get a lot of positive feedback #

4. Plectical

Plectical Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Game Consulting
    Bay Area
    Thanks for the kind words! Just increased the number of cards that drop from Gem Card packs and also decreased price on them too. Plus we just pushed a re-balance of the entire campaign to make it a touch easier. Actively working on a quest system then our first Event for PVP!

5. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling
    Looks cool I'm interested to see how this all works out :)

6. nox_pp

nox_pp Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    (Dev here)

Thanks to TA for the mention!

I just sent out invites to everyone who signed up so far. Due to a Testflight bug the version you'll get is a few weeks old, but I'm uploading a new build right now that should get to you within a day or two (hopefully :D)

In the meantime, here's a compilation of just a few of the characters you'll encounter in the game:

[​IMG]

7. iammike

iammike Active Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Middle of Vermont
    Make devices multi-select!

I’m able to test on all #

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I love the pixel art! Signed up.

9. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Im able to test!

10. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Die roll animation is choppy

The initial die roll is kind of choppy. It also isn't clear to me if I'm going first due to the colors used ingame.

11. nox_pp

nox_pp Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    The die roll is a work in progress. I think we'll be adding symbols to the faces to make them easier to tell apart.

12. Smellbig

Smellbig New Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I have been playing all day and I quite enjoy it! I have a few ideas / things I would improve to make the game better

1: put some sort of cap on what the amount of points that can be gained on a card. I just lost a game to commodore hull because he had an Ace that gained +19.

2: on the front screen, move the button on the bottom right (the campaign) to the top left (the market place) so that the two modes of play are next to each other. That's just something I like, a pet peeve of mine I guess, nothing necessary

3: change the food regeneration system from all - at - once to a system that regens a piece of food every 5 mins or whatever. That's just more favorable for playing. The all - at - once system is kinda annoying

4: maybe add a few different kinds of packs? Like one for 175 that has 2 people in it? Or 250 for 3? Just some ideas!

Overall I love the game! Just a couple tweaks I had in mind to make it even better :)

13. allfunandgames

Dec 30, 2014
    Feedback

Hi there,

Overall I am enjoying the game and have emailed through some feedback. Is that the best way to submit feedback?

Quick question - how rare are the rare cards?
    Am yet to get a card better than an Uncommon, despite opening more than 30 packs already.

Keep up the good work!

14. CoolDukeNukem

CoolDukeNukem Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Thanks for the Beta invite!

Here is my early feedback so far. I am on campaign level 17 and have lost a few PvP matches.

Positives:
    I really like the art style and the variety of card abilities.

The achievements are a fun challenge to work towards.

So far the difficulty ramp in campaign seems good. I have lost a couple games but don’t feel like it is too hard.

I also like the upgrade feature for cards where common can be upgraded once, uncommon twice, etc.

Suggestions:
    Why is there a timer for the players turn if you can just click on a card to pause it? I feel this is unnecessary and should be removed to allow players time to think about their move. I find I usually just hit pause almost every turn when I need to decide on the next card.

Opening packs should be more exciting. My first few packs I missed the text in the bottom right saying what I opened. I think the card you get should pop up a confirm so you can see what you got. Also maybe a “new” tag in the card collection to see what you recently opened.

As someone else mentioned the energy refill for campaign that takes ~4 hours to fully refill seems odd. I am not one that usually minds the energy systems in mobile games but that seems way to long after only playing 5 battles.

I think the card packs need a description about the difference. Why would I pay extra for less cards in the General pack? Does it contain a guaranteed rare?

15. Plectical

Plectical Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Game Consulting
    Bay Area
    Hey Guys,

Couple of points!

-Drop rates for rare are super low...we wanted to start low and gradually raise it as opposed to starting high and lowering it down (which is much harder to do). We'll likely be addressing this in the next update (i.e. improving drop rates on rares).

-Cap on points for cards is unlikely to happen. It stings when it happens to you...and it's MAGIC when you use it against someone else. I think the key is trying to identify cards that have the ability to grow to crazy levels early in a match and doing everything in your power to beat that card and add it to your deck is key!

-Foot regeneration we've heard a lot about...likely will address that with a future build.

-Timer...fair point. We are trying to move the games along pretty rapidly (battles take about 1.5 min now a piece) but we also recognize that people need to pause to see what they are fighting.

-Opening Packs: agree! It's on the list but we've prioritized new features in front of it (including some upcoming events).

-General has a stronger drop rate for rare cards.

16. ggzt1

ggzt1 Member

Feb 4, 2018
    #16 ggzt1, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Game core mechanics are fun, rest of the game needs major changes ASAP

Game core is fun but I'm afraid this game will become massively p2w when you decided to make rares absurdly OP instead of making them have more unique. effects. Commons and uncomons are straight up powercreeped by rares and with the rare drop rate being none existent, I don't see myself going to support this game in the future unfortunately. I'm trying to go f2p before global release but the game has been quite discouraging with the terrible drop rates and power levels of rares. I've been stuck at stage 19 for over a week because I don't have any rares myself and the AI is rocking a full uncommon + rare deck. I've pulled 10 uncommon total from 250+ packs. I know you guys are trying to balance the drop rates but 5% for an uncommon is absurd. For an UNCOMMON when rares are so strong? C'mon balance team... This is pure discouragement when I can't progress. I've 3 starred all levels including 17 but can't even beat 1 starred level 19, its just too hard. I've done it 20 times trying to beat it total over the past week and I give up now. Rest of my days has been just afk farming old stages to open 10 commons daily. Up to stage 17, the game was great fun, the later stages were difficult but winnable. Stage 19 is completely frustrating though and killed my enjoyment of the game. I beat stage 18 out of pure luck after a bunch of tries. I might just take a break til global release because of how discouraging the game is now. Spending 15 food every 8 hours to farm all commons everyday just feels like a total waste of time. What am I supposed to do with my 300 gunpowder if I can't even use it to craft new cards. I don't get cards to upgrade with it if all I get are duplicate commons. I've been even wasting it upgrading new common cards I get, even if they're useless.
    PVP, when it still worked, everyone above 1600 had rares. Although I still could beat them sometimes, most were just unwinnable with my half uncommon half common deck. Past few days, I've been getting an error about not having the latest version of the game so PVP doesn't work.

I could rant about the other issues but the main problem is the massive difficulty spike caused by rares and how unbalanced they are.

EDIT: why does the general pack not guarantee a rare? Super disappointed, I got 3 commons and 2 uncommons that I couldn't use because they worse than the two I was currently use. That's pretty much $7.50 gone if I paid for the gems. Doesn't incentive me to ever spend if these are the rates, paying like $15 for 1 rare when rares are ridiculously strong is beyond p2w. I was hoping to get an upgrade so I can beat commander hull but I guess I'll be continuously gated by him. Whenever the AI plays the card, it pretty much a guaranteed lost round.

17. nox_pp

nox_pp Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    @ggzt1 Thanks for the feedback! We've tweaked the game significantly in the past few months, including the difficulty curve, resource balancing, and drop rates. We now guarantee an uncommon or better from General Packs. Rares are nice to have, but they're not essential.

In other news, Uncivil War is now available for pre-order on the App Store and is scheduled for release on April 5th. Big thanks to everyone who helped test :) We'll probably send out another testing build before release...we've got over 20 new cards that haven't made it in to the test yet.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uncivil-war-tcg/id1300190705?ls=1&mt=8

[​IMG]

18. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I've been playing this a lot. Though I only just discovered that you can upgrade cards lol.

This is going to be a big hit!! Great game.

19. nox_pp

nox_pp Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Lol, you're a champion. You must have started playing before we had the tutorial for card upgrades in :cool: We've reworked the on-boarding experience several times, so now there are 4-5 tutorials throughout the first 10 battles that, among other things, teach you how to upgrade :p