Spooky Hoofs HD $1.99 > FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Sri Ram, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    #1 Sri Ram, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

Spooky Hoofs HD

Gamesmold
    Experience the fastest, weirdest and most addictive coach ride ever! Praised by Mashable.com and many more: - Appadvice…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Experience the fastest, weirdest and most addictive coach ride ever! Praised by Mashable.com and many more: - Appadvice.com: "Spooky Hoofs sports one of the coolest art styles we’ve ever seen in a running game for the iPhone." "...easily one of the best time killers around" - arcadelife.co.uk: "Incredibly atmospheric and stylish; flawless controls and great gameplay included!" - TheAppShack: 9 out of 10 "Spooky Hoofs is a great endless runner with awesome graphics, and great power-ups, while the gothic vibe of the game makes it even better. This is one game that will be staying on my iPod for quite some time." - Appsaffair.com: "If you’re a fan of the genre, or of really creepy iPhone titles, Spooky Hoofs is a must-have." - GEV.com: "Spooky Hoofs for iPhone Is a Must Have for Fans of the “Creepy” Genre" - Rated 8 out of 10 by App Store Arcade Guide this noble stagecoach and its black horses through eery woods and foggy marshes - but beware of the creepy dwellers that will cross your path... Let them feel your whip while jumping over dangerous pits! Collect magic orbs to unleash the hidden powers of your horses. Combine all upgrades for the ultimate battle coach! Prevail against giant boss demons that are lurking on your way. - Easy to learn Two-Button-Action (tap left for whiplashes / acceleration, tap right to jump) - Powerful Upgrades - Boss Battles - Various spooky stages to discover Will you get your passenger safely to her destination...? Features Game Center and super crisp Retina Display resolution graphics. Bonuses / Upgrades: - 3 turquoise orbs = Invulnerable for three enemy collisions - 3 yellow orbs = Fire whip for 30 whiplashes - 3 purple orbs = Wings for 9 flaps (double jump in mid-air) - Red orbs = Energy Hint: The normal whip also inflicts damage, try hitting flying enemies with your whiplashes!
    Information
    Seller:Gamesmold
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Feb 07, 2013
    Updated:Jan 28, 2019
    Version:1.0.3
    Size:28.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

iTunes link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spooky-hoofs-hd/id596328893?mt=8

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One of the highly recommended side scrolling runners on the appstore. Pretty good implementation of boss fights too. I believe this is ffrom the group that also made Blood Roofs.

3. Spooky Hoofs

Gamesmold
    Featured on FOX News: Tapped-In ("September Side Scrollers")! Featured on Mashable.com "Offbeat iPhone Games" ( http://…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Featured on FOX News: Tapped-In ("September Side Scrollers")! Featured on Mashable.com "Offbeat iPhone Games" ( http://mashable.com/2011/09/25/offbeat-iphone-games/ ) - Appadvice.com: "Spooky Hoofs sports one of the coolest art styles we’ve ever seen in a running game for the iPhone." "...easily one of the best time killers around" - arcadelife.co.uk: "Incredibly atmospheric and stylish; flawless controls and great gameplay included!" - TheAppShack: 9 out of 10 "Spooky Hoofs is a great endless runner with awesome graphics, and great power-ups, while the gothic vibe of the game makes it even better. This is one game that will be staying on my iPod for quite some time." http://www.the-app-shack.com/2011/09/spooky-hoofs-099-gamesmold.html - Appsaffair.com: "If you’re a fan of the genre, or of really creepy iPhone titles, Spooky Hoofs is a must-have." - GEV.com: "Spooky Hoofs for iPhone Is a Must Have for Fans of the “Creepy” Genre" - Rated 8 out of 10 by App Store Arcade: http://www.appstorearcade.com/2011/09/07/spooky-hoofs-review/ - Featured as New and Noteworthy on iTunes US Games, featured on Frontpage US Staff Favourites and on a whole lot more places on iTunes worldwide! Experience the fastest, weirdest and most addictive coach ride ever! Guide this noble stagecoach and its black horses through eery woods and foggy marshes - but beware of the creepy dwellers that will cross your path... Let them feel your whip while jumping over dangerous pits! Collect magic orbs to unleash the hidden powers of your horses. Combine all upgrades for the ultimate battle coach! Prevail against giant boss demons that are lurking on your way. - Easy to learn Two-Button-Action (tap left for whiplashes / acceleration, tap right to jump) - Powerful Upgrades - Boss Battles - Various spooky stages to discover Will you get your passenger safely to her destination...? Features Game Center and super crisp Retina Display resolution graphics. Bonuses / Upgrades: - 3 turquoise orbs = Invulnerable for three enemy collisions - 3 yellow orbs = Fire whip for 30 whiplashes - 3 purple orbs = Wings for 9 flaps (double jump in mid-air) - Red orbs = Energy Hint: The normal whip also inflicts damage, try hitting flying enemies with your whiplashes!
    Information
    Seller:Gamesmold
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Aug 29, 2011
    Updated:Jan 28, 2019
    Version:1.0.4
    Size:30.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Grabbed the HD version the other day when it went free, after enjoying the iPhone version. :)

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Surely the plural of Hoof is Hooves?

6. Hoofs is what dragons do.

7. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    not my cup of tea but pretty cool characters design.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not when they're spooky.

9. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Well, though Hooves and Hoofs are both correct, I must admit, "Hooves" is much nicer. And at first, I had called it "Hooves".

But then I recognized that on the iPhone, the icon title was abbreviated to "Spook...oves". But "Spooky Hoofs" worked.
    That was when I renamed the whole app... ;)

But, anyway, thanks for playing! :)

Best,
    Thomas

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hi Gamesmold... Got any new projects going on?

Blood Roofs is an alltime favorite, and i was wondering if you guys also have anything else planned for it content-wise.

11. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Pretty good runner indeed, had the iPhone version earlier and now it's much more enhanced in the HD version.
    @Connector : The iPhone version is not free at the moment though. And is it just me or does the first post look empty ? I tried both appinfo and appinfo=all. Will add the link separately just incase.

12. Yeah, I don't see the full appinfo=all in the first post, but I posted, so don't worry about it. You can quote my post or yours to see if there is a difference for next time.

Me too, had the sd version, but didn't think too much of it, but it runs really smooth on my new ipad, and looks for a great hdmi tv game for tonight. So coolness, thanks for the link!

Screenshot from my new ipad.

Attached Files:

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... your last posts made me realize i also only have the SD version. Never fired it up on the ipads so now i got the HD version. Thanks!

14. Yeah, you will love it (hd) on the mini for sure.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I loved this game a lot. Also recommend checking the devs other titles. They are indie devs that make the most unique games on the appstore, with Blood Roofs being my favorite from them, and Shadow Vamp a close second.

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #17 sinagog, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Blood Roofs is also free. Thanks for giving it a shout-out. It's like the funnest nightmare Lovecraft ever had. I definitely recommend it, too (by the way, first thing you should do is invest in the wings the moment you can afford them- they'll blow the game wide open).

EDIT: Woahwoaheoah. Just beat four bosses in a row... They are some of the coolest boss designs I've ever seen. Can't believe Blood Roofs was such a small download. Completed now and unlocked the survival mode without having to pay for it. Nice. This is the best capcom arcade game (as in the real kind with blue plastic guns and sweaty leather seats) never made.

EDIT 2: Finally got around to playing this, too. Suffice to say, this dev obviously knows what they're doing. Great stuff. Can't imagine why people still play Canabalt when games like this exist.