Game Releases 2012 - Games to Come Each Week

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    #1 triggywiggy, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    2013...a new year, a new thread.​

Please visit this link for a concise list of upcoming monthly, weekly and daily releases, complete with TA Plays videos and links to each release's upcoming and release threads. Feel free to use the thread just as you always have this one; whether it's to post release dates, jot down what you'd like to buy each week, wonder why a certain release hasn't come out on time or even just talk about the games in general. It's no different from this thread.

Have a great 2013 and see you all in the new thread!

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's been great so far. Just keep up what you've been doing. No need to change anything. Just keep out the less plausible unconfirmed games, lol. Battlefield 3 was on the unconfirmed list in November -_-..

3. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Yeah was great as is, was pretty awesome to see you pick it up when imns no longer did it. Always checked your thread every week, looked forward to it.

:)

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    All seemed fine - the only think I would change would be to update the first post any time there was new information and maybe less speculation.

(IE as soon as the projected releases for that week or beyond were out you could start the next week so it didn't look outdated and old.)

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah, add less unconfirmed posts! But otherwise, keep it as it was :)

6. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I'd personally think that you should put a couple more sections: "confirmed" "probably" "maybe" "unlikely, but possible" or something along those lines....also a "not coming" for popular ones that people had thought might be coming that aren't...
    Also if you could add a star next to the ones that do come in on NZ release day, that'd be really nice too...

7. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I liked the original format. So, keep it the same as you always had it! :)

Just only have the games that are 100% confirmed on this thread though. This thread is about the "Games to Come Each Week" not the "Games that Might Come Each Week".

8. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Well I like the maybe's, but like backtothis said, only the plausible ones. This thread has been pretty useful and I hope triggy can keep it up to date as much as possible.

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This is the one thread that I look forward to the most and I check daily. Whatever you decide to do in whatever format, keep up the great work!

10. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe just divvy it up into two sections, confirmed and unconfirmed. Other than that, keep it up as usual!

11. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Had it like that the past year.

Ok so I will probably stick to confirmed releases, although if it's a big game I might list it.

Keep up the suggestions.

I am surprised as to how much people liked the thread.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Besides the "Mass.." thread, this was the only other thread on TA I checked pretty much whenever there was a new post for the past few months. So yeah, keep up the good work man. Great idea starting it, and we all appreciate the effort you put into researching release dates. Personally, I nearly never visit the upcoming games section, so this thread has been extremely helpful.

13. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I depend on this thread, and you've done a great job with it. It's the one I always look forward to updates on. Please, do keep it up. :)

14. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
  15. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Have a couple games for next week. But Chillingo won't confirm their releases so I might have to do a separate section for them :p

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep loved this thread last year, as long as it has a list of 'confirmed' and 'unconfirmed' that'll be great

I'm stunned why companies dont give out more info when their games are coming out to help with the hype and even tell younger players so they can make sure they have some money left on their account etc

Its like when the Atari app appeared out of the blue. A bit of marketing/hype/knowledge of when games come out will surely help with sales ? A lot of the time a few games just appear out of the blue.

But yeah this is a great thread, always bookmark this and check it. Be great if the first page could regularly be updated

17. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Keep it as it is, it's a great thread! Love it!

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Surprised you are surprised! Had a lot of hits, was informative, was a nice compilation (for the most part if you exclude speculations) of what was coming out, it did the job nicely! I would just start to update the first post as soon as the "next week" begins is all. And then by the release day everything will be there already.

It's easier to see your first post updated every day with what will be coming out, than to sift through the end of the thread to see what people add.

19. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Honestly I am surprised

20. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    This is my favorite thread on here, I check it all the time. I do miss the left over game release thread that insm would do with links to all the less popular games. Keep up the great work.:)