Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am def interested. It would take a lot of negstive effort from Nintendo to prevent me from buyibg that piece of gear.

The hybrid model appeals a lot to me. I am very hyped so far, because it has so much potential. But it is Nintendo, so who knows what they can do to mess it up.

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I am very interested as well! Seems really cool! For me, I think it's gonna be a must-have deal! I just wish it was gonna come out before the holidays-seems like the right thing to do! I'll keep an eye on this, and we'll see how it goes!

4. Kayvinci

Kayvinci Member

Oct 21, 2016
    People around me are excited

As consumers, they were happy that Nintendo made many great games portable. But I'm not sure it's good for the game devs. Now they have to develop games designed for both large screens and small screens.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I will probably pick one up. Wouldn't mind replacing my aging Wii, and I much prefer the Switch's form factor (and power) as a portable than the 3DS's.

It's interesting that Nintendo has yet to confirm that the tablet has a touchscreen. Just speculating here, but if it doesn't, it could mean that they're planning to keep their more casual touch-based games on iOS and Android, while focusing the Switch on hardcore titles. Could be interesting...

6. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I wanted a non clamshell none dual screen portable from Nintendo and that it is.

Might even think about going PC for graphically impressive home gaming again skipping PS5 and using Skip for "instant on" gaming on TV.

Hoping for Donkey Kong remasters.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The portable mode has all the buttons. That's a pretty big deal. My oldest kid is mostly excited for its use as a portable. Like playing Skyrim in the car....

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Ok but i need to be sure more 3rth parties will support it!

9. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Looks like a hot mess to me....

But I AM definitely interested in the retro SNES coming out next month.

10. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Makes me very happy too, I feared it would be another tablet where you play Zelda with touchscreen controls on the go.

It's pretty huge but will be great for plane or train rides and will probably replace my iPad for couch gaming mostly - just not for point&click adventures.

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    My body is ready!

12. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    It is so fun to see NeoGAF melt down on revealed specs of Switch.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well, if the specs are right, there's no way the Switch will handle Skyrim well if that is really coming to it. It's going to be too hard for developers to adapt their PS4 and Xbone games to it with even half decent results because of the vast difference in system performance. The problem is once again going to be iffy 3rd party support.

14. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    I don't care too much about third party support on my Nintendo hardware.

And that Seasons of Heaven game looks great for a handheld whatever gflops that is running on.

15. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

NeoGaf is not good for your health.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #16 crunc, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Some might not care about 3rd party support on a Nintendo console, but that limitation is probably part of the reason the Wii U has largely been a failure.

There's a large contingent of people that would rather see nintendo develop games for the PS4 and Xbone, instead of having their own Nintendo-only console. So go the Sega route, but better!

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The Switch looks good. Won't be getting one at launch but perhaps by next Xmas? Paid online, so I hope they've made it a lot better then it use to be. No word on how much the online will cost I don't think.

18. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I grabbed a preorder from Best Buy. I do most of my gaming on my couch with my 3DS or iPhone while my family is watching TV so the Switch suits me pretty well. I just hope there are more games at launch. As it is, Zelda BOTW is the only one I'm interested in.

19. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Me myself would probably need month to finish Zelda, so that is a non issue for me.

Issues are battery life (not even close to being good enough to justify taking it for the 12 hour flights) and price. Thats for device, accessories and games. 69,00€ for Zelda might be fine, but other games might not be worth it.

Might be a replacement for Vita for couch gaming, if many of the released/announced indie games come to it.

Have one preordered, will see if I cancel it and wait for some cheap bundle.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    At least it uses a standard USB-C port for charging, so you could get enough power for a 12-hour flight or whatever using a portable battery and a USB to USB-C cable.