★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPod Touch is a $$$ saver. Just saved me $40.

05-24-2009, 02:32 AM
iPod Touch is a $$$ saver. Just saved me $40.

My wife is a huge Sims fan and i was going to buy Sims 3 for her.
I just showed her the latest info and video of Sims for the iPod Touch and she said that she'll settle for that instead.
So the iPod Touch does it again, just saved me $40.
I am assuming Sims will be $10, maybe $15.
I saved even more money buying games for my kids on the app store instead of those overpriced DS cartridge games.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-24-2009, 02:36 AM
I suppose, in theory, you are correct, but let's not forget, you probably spent $215+ on the iPod Touch.
So the Sims for the iPod Touch total cost would be $225+/-, as opposed to getting the Sims for your already owned PC.

I have no argument for the DS, utter waste of money for games. *cough* R4 *cough*

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

05-24-2009, 02:39 AM
I paid $180 for her iPod Touch and didn't just buy it for the Sims, she got it few months ago when i didn't even know about the Sims.
So i alreay own both, the iPod Touch and the PC, variety is a great thing.

05-24-2009, 02:48 AM
no offense but i you think that the sims iPhone will be a valid replacement for the Sims 3 pc, then you don't understand the power of either machines. Sims 3 iphone will be closer to sims 1 quality than 3. I am not saying its going to be bad, if it has enough content and isn't story based then i will probably get it, but i will still get sims 3 mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win
05-24-2009, 02:49 AM
krazy russian you are such a cool guy, such a generous husband and father and yet so witty. and how artfully you are crafting ways to save large amounts of money just using your ipod.....wow, just wow.

and thank you for letting us participate in your daily adventures with the ipod here in the GAMES FORUM.
05-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super6ft7 View Post
no offense but i you think that the sims iPhone will be a valid replacement for the Sims 3 pc, then you don't understand the power of either machines. Sims 3 iphone will be closer to sims 1 quality than 3. I am not saying its going to be bad, if it has enough content and isn't story based then i will probably get it, but i will still get sims 3 mac
He doesn't need to tell the wife that
But one thing, there will be tons less content, and I imagine just as many micro-transaction items.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-24-2009, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumulus View Post
and thank you for letting us participate in your daily adventures with the ipod here in the GAMES FORUM.
Stay off the drugs, they're for loosers.

05-24-2009, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumulus View Post
krazy russian you are such a cool guy, such a generous husband and father and yet so witty. and how artfully you are crafting ways to save large amounts of money just using your ipod.....wow, just wow.

Lmfao!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super6ft7 View Post
no offense but i you think that the sims iPhone will be a valid replacement for the Sims 3 pc, then you don't understand the power of either machines.
I totally understand that Sims for iPod Touch will have a LOT less content then the PC version, same goes with graphics.
But it's still a Sims game and it looks great and the wife will hopefully be happy, i will definitely wait for a few reviews from trusted sources like Big Albie, if it's below 4 stars then i will buy the PC version.

05-24-2009, 03:52 AM
As good as it seems it wont be close to sims 3. That's going to be fantastically done. This may be ok though but not the same.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06