Free games for a very casual gamer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fzang, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Fzang

Fzang New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    There's a giant gap between me and my girlfriend's habits: I like long, complicated games where you can fiddle with things, whereas my girlfriend automatically hands her phone to me when there's more than 2 buttons on the screen.

So therefore I'm looking for some free (or cheap) games that are simple and straight to the point. But they have to be games, not Solitaire or Threes. :p

Cut the Rope and Angry Birds are the only games I can think of. Any other suggestions?

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Crossy Roads would be a good choice.
    One touch controls and plenty to keep you playing.

Edit.
    Daddy long legs is fun too.
    Wingdot is now free I believe.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I would also persuade her to buy some. If we all went for just free games the App Store would be a nightmare. Surely she can buy some quality games for her $200-300 phone ?!

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    There are tons of endless runners that fit that description, Temple Run being a top choice.

Also I don't recall the names, but many games that involve tapping dots or other objects for speed.

Lots of puzzle games also only require tapping the screen - in another thread there is a discussion about Squares.

My suggestion would be to check out the Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals Forum. There are constantly any number of apps that have dropped to free that she might find fun.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sky Force
    Platform Panic
    Bardbarian

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    That's assuming she's paid 200-300 for her phone, it could have been a gift or on contract. Everyone I know with expensive phones are all on contract, or have been given them when another family member upgrade, they think I'm mental for buying outright.

If she's a very casual gamer as mentioned in the title, then it could be gaming and devs arnt as close to her heart as they are to us, so would rather have free titles. My brother is like this and rolls his eyes when I give him "the talk"

7. Fzang

Fzang New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    But we don't, which makes this a terrible assumption.

8. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Just a few of i can think of quickly,

Free:
    Nimble Quest,Punch Quest,Tiny Tower(vegas) Frisbee forever 1&2,Subway Surfers,Pixel People
    Paid:
    Bean's Dreams,Kitten & Puppy sanctuary,Machinarium,The Room 1&2,Little Inferno,Tiny Thief.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I've had my iPad mini for little over a year and bought my first game two days ago. I've only downloaded free games for a year. There have been a handful IDE recommend.
    Bitcoin billionaire
    Hearthstone
    Tap Titans
    Mad bullets
    Sheep happens
    Jet pack joyride
    Sim city build it

Several moreside runners i could put,I don't like over the top runners but if u do then temple run would be a good one.
    If you like what I have recommended then I could let you know more.

10. Synergic

Synergic New Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Automotive mechanic
    Panama City FL
    Downfall Ball. Simple and to-the-point but maddeningly challenging. If she rage-smashes her phone, please post the video.

11. NelsonH

NelsonH Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Game Developer
    US
    My girl plays...

Bejeweled and Bejeweled Blitz

and a non-puzzle game, but fun is No Brakes

Hope this helps

12. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

EA has all the freemuim games. There are NO LIMITS what EA can do with freemuim games.

13. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    What a fantastic recommendation platform panic was. That's what I classify as a 'real game'.
    Muffin knight there's a recommendation for the OP.

14. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    What you want is instantly accessible games like:
    Plants Vs zombies, cut the rope, any of the donut games, they need to be fed