iPhone The Creeps! HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RegularStormy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Does anyone else have trouble accessing the store in this game? Always tells me an Internet connection is required but I am connected to game centre and am at home on my wifi. Very frustrating...

Jamie

2. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Probably the store is down.. had it in the past with a few others..
    it's like showing the wrong message.. Try monday.

3. sambakat

sambakat Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Super Squawk tower!

Hey dev! I had an idea. The other day I was loading the game, and suddenly the the loading screen (the Super Squawk logo) looked to me like a potential tower! Why not have a cockatoo tower that emits a SUPER SQUAWK??!

I'm picturing little sound waves radiating out from a little bird. You could have it level up so that it hits a wider and wider area (maybe the 3rd level-up hits the ENTIRE SCREEN, every enemy. Super duper squawk!)

Your African grey could have some kind of special power too and have its own tower :)

I am seeing a rainforest theme now... snakes and jaguars and monkeys... :)

Just an idea for you to toss into the mill. Love the updates, keep them coming.

4. sambakat

sambakat Member

Jan 11, 2011
    This will beat it on Hard:
    Start: Upgrade both piggies to 2nd level and put a fully upgraded gun in the one spot available. Immediately take out 2nd picture frame from top. As soon as you can, put a pumpkin there. This is your master pumpkin and your most important tower. Your basic strategy from here on out is: upgrade the master pumpkin, scatter glues nearby, put 1 flashlight + glue in bottom row for bosses. Later, add 3-4 pumpkins just under the top path. Later still, line of flashlights in very middle. Last wave, do a mid-wave resell, ditch the pumpkins and invest in more flashlights.

A few details:
    As soon as you have your master pumpkin placed, aim master pumpkin and gun both at the little chest that is about 3 squares over to the right (I think) just under the path. The pumpkin, when aimed this way, will also take out a picture frame in the bottom row. You need that spot. OK. put a FLASHLIGHT in that spot. Now you can use it to start taking out virtually all goodies on the screen. With your earnings, upgrade master pumpkin all the way, put a glue or two nearby. Then, important, upgrade flashlight to 2nd level and put a fully upgraded glue next to it before wave 10. (don't upgrade the piggies till you're past wave 10)

After wave 10, upgrade both piggies.

While piggies are saving up, work on more pumpkins along the top (just under path) and scatter glues all along the path.

When piggies are ripe, invest in a center row of flashlights.

Last wave: once the baddies are past your top pumpkins/glues, sell top pumpkins/glues & invest in 2 bottom pumpkins + massive amount of flashlights.

g'luck!

5. sunnie1028

sunnie1028 New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    After the last update, I've been noticing a lag during play. The screen just freezes for a second or two - usually during the beginning of the game. Anyone else notice this?

Secondly, any tips on how to beat "Charge!!" on the HD levels? I keep getting the snail boss mysteriously sneak in from the left side and appear right into the bed giving me no chance to defeat it before I'm down to 1 life.

Thanks for all your great work, RegularStormy! My husband and I really enjoy your game :)

6. Pablovi

Pablovi Member

May 24, 2011
    Yeah, after the thanksgiving update the game is very slow and frezees.

It takes longer to start as well.

7. Frogman89

Frogman89 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    have the same problem since the last update - 1-2 seconds freeze when i select the level-pack and another freeze at the beginning of the game

another little problem: the first map of the thanksgiving pack becomes locked occasionally - still see all the medals for winning,.... but can't select the map - only question-marks like it's still locked

8. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I get the odd bits of lag playing through this at the moment. Just seems to be at random times for me.

9. Merry Christmas! 1.11 is HERE!

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas!!
    The Creeps! HD 1.11 is out NOW!

It includes:
    *FREE new levels, with presents! Destroy the presents to get a free tower, or 50 sparks!
    *A whole new premium winter level pack with all new enemies! ($.99). If you have the All Access Pass, then you get this for free!!

*Various bug fixes
    *The game shouldn't freeze of for a second or two anymore!

10. doobiedoo73

doobiedoo73 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I just bought the all access pass as I had worked my way through all of the levels that came with the initial game.

Ready to get my creep on!

11. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I'm still getting bits of lag and freezing,

12. keepsake

keepsake New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    hey everyone,

i stuck on the 5th christmas-level, its named the emerald road. i tried it about 20 times. :mad: dont know what im doing wrong. pleas help me. thanks!
    Keepsake

13. Stefx73

Stefx73 Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Christmas bonus - Coming on Strong

I'm stuck on that map.
    Any hints, suggestions?

Thanks

14. Stefx73

Stefx73 Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Gold Pot in that first u-turn, maxed, is your priority for mobs.

the rest I used flashlights to kill the bosses

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I'm getting a solid white screen on my iPad 3 right after opening screen. Anyone else with this issue?

16. Capt T

Capt T Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Same for me with the iPad 3rd generation

17. I've submitted a fix for this, hopefully Apple approves it soon. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience!

In the mean time, try using the iPhone version on your new iPad. It uses the retina images and looks ALMOST IDENTICAL to the HD version. Plus it uses iCloud so you data should all be there.

18. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I love this game. I got it for iPad, when it was recently free and then bought the big megapack bundle. I think it's a great value for me, and I could care less what someone else paid for it.

That said, I do have an issue with the balance on some levels. I've beaten most survival levels on hard, and on most of those I have gotten a perfect. However, there are some levels that are just completely unbeatable for me even on easy.

You can't raise money fast enough through the various money making methods (kills, terrain, selling, pigs, etc.) to build enough appropriate structures to beat the final few waves on these levels. Nothing sucks more than to move into the next to last level with 10 on the bed and get wiped out by one never ending wave of bosses that seems like a bug. It makes you wonder if these levels were even playtested.

Here are the survival levels in question by pack and name. If anyone has a way to beat them I would greatly appreciate hearing it. Cheers.

Dinosaur Danger: Star Power
    Easter Megapack: Squarepegssquarehole
    Christmas Megapack: Stocking Up
    Super Charged!: Deep Fried Dinosaurs
    St. Patrick's Megapack: Crash the Castles
    Christmas Bonus: Track

19. Deth4U2

Deth4U2 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Creeps! HD update is out. :)

Zuzax,

You'll need to stretch out how long the creeps live, especially in the early levels. This gives you more time to break down obstacles for extra cash. On any level that gives pots of gold, you should max out all 4 pots.

On the level with all the blocked areas, you need to use weapons that can go through/around the obstructions.

20. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Is this game dead? Any updates or communication from the developers?