Indie game developers unite for cross promotion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by g1sh, Nov 10, 2012.

1. g1sh

g1sh Member

Nov 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

I'm representing a group of talented indie game developers that created really amazing games but never got featured by Apple and didn't get many sales.
    Instead of giving up we decided to join our forces and create our own platform to cross-promote the games (first of a kind in the world).

All of the games are highly rated (4.5 average on the App Store after dozens of ratings and rave reviews on many game review sites) but just never had the luck of being featured and get the exposure.

You can find out more about the games at our web app: www.goodgamepack.com

2. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Already have 3 of those, but have not heard of the others. Will check them out.

3. g1sh

g1sh Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Which 3? ;)

We hope it catches wind and more people will know about it, because it's either that or giving up on those games...

4. Filing Cabinet

Aug 20, 2011
    Kometen, Brainsss and Hungry Squid...all are quite good. :)

but to be honest, apart from Nihilumbra, I had not even heard of those other games.

have you considered adding links to reviews/user opinions to that page, because right now all it does is link to itunes, just gives people more insight into the game. good reviews and recommendations do help a lot (that's why I got those three games in the first place)

5. Brainsss has a lite.

Also, it would be great if all of the games on your service has lites, right now, there is no real purpose to go to your page. But if it all the games had lite versions, I would go there and try then out, and if I liked them, I would buy them.

There are always alot of web sites that have a best game section or something like that. You need some hook, I like the lite idea where you go to try games out and buy them.

6. Brainsss and webbies are both great games, fyi. I am downloading hungry squids since it is the only lite version, I hope it is good!

7. Filing Cabinet

Aug 20, 2011
    Yea, lite versions are good to have, but it's pointless if you dont have any exposure of the main game.

hungry squids is pretty good if you enjoy puzzles, and it has a nice look to it.

I really like the look of Nihilumbra, so probably going to pick that up first.

8. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    You should put screenshots, descriptions, trailers, and gameplay videos up on that site. Would help a lot I think. "Hungry Squid" means nothing to me, and people aren't going to click on it without a little more info or a little more convincing. They all look like good games though--don't give up on 'em just yet!!!

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Man, this just shows how bad my backlog has gotten. I have 5 of those games but haven't played them at all.

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Man, I own a few of those and know of the others. Sorry to hear about the bad sales guys. Nice idea to promote that game pack!

11. g1sh

g1sh Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Good idea! We don't want to give up - that's why we started the project.
    We put some star ratings on there to show that the games are highly rated, just not widely known. Good idea about trailers and gameplay videos though - we'll definitely add those soon! Thanks!

12. Silverous

Silverous Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    @g1sh: I would agree with Connector. I guess because of lesser known titles/developer, people are more inclined to try it out only if there's a LITE version.

I've downloaded Brainsss Free & Hungry Squid Lite. Will be trying them out soon!

=)

13. g1sh

g1sh Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Well at this point it's not as easy to create lite versions for all the games, but we'll try to add some good reasons to buy the games nevertheless.

14. Silverous

Oct 21, 2011
    That should kinda help too! ;)

15. Yeah, too bad, nihilumbra and kometen look like pretty good games. If you can't do lites which would be best, maybe you could have links to youtube, touchearcade main threads, and some reviews for each game.

We need some reason to go to your page. It would be cool to be able to get a multibuy purchase, if you bought 3 games, get some kind of discount or buy two get one dollar app for free or something. This might be hard to implement but would be cool and an incentive to go to this page.

16. Silverous

Oct 21, 2011
    Is the group open to other Indie Devs? And..is the 4.5 avg rating a criteria to join.. if the group is open to other indie devs?

17. g1sh

g1sh Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Well, the group is still open but the games need to be good and pretty ;)
    If you know of a game to suggest give us a shout.

We are thinking about a contest in which one or two people can win promo codes for all of the games from the pack. I'm in the middle of coordinating that. The contest would simply be about posing the info about the pack to either facebook or twitter and we'd draw a winner from the ones who made a post using the "pay with a tweet or facebook" service.

More info soon :)

18. Silverous

Oct 21, 2011
    cool cool~! i will probably contact you if I know of any =p