Ipod Touch - Charging is not supported with this accessory

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sepharite, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Sepharite

Sepharite Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    I can't play music without being interrupted by the message, which is annoying. I was recharging it this morning, which went fine, until I took it out and got the message. I inspect the charger, and it looks like there's stains around it. It might've feel into my soup bowl I laid on the floor. (Stupid).

Now I've restarted it a couple of times, nothing.

I looked at the pins, and they look okay. After lightly brushing away the crap. If I plugged it in, it would charge for a split second and then go back to the lock mode.

I held power, then held home button. Restart. And now I'm stuck on "Insert USB to Itunes" aka the first screen. Hopefully my data isn't wiped out.

So what do I do? I'm guessing the adapter is broken. Will test it on another adapter shortly.

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Restore using a computer. I know you can fix the "charging is not supported with this accessory" message by jailbreaking.

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Take it into an Apple store if you can, I'm sure they'll let you try a charger there.

And that screen is what shows up when there's next to no battery left at all, so it won't even power on. Your data should be fine, assuming you didn't throw it into DFU mode, which is hard to do by accident.

A new charger should fix the problem, unless the contacts on the iPod itself are ruined.

4. Sepharite

May 13, 2010
    It charged to 80% battery, and then it stopped working again.

Grrr. It still says Charging not Accesory even when THERES NOTHING IN IT!

Also. How do Apple employees feel about Jailbreaking? If I were to show them this, would they shun my Ipod because it's jail broken?

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Not only that, they'll blacklist the non-changeable UDID so that even if you restore and un-jailbreak, they'll never service it again.

Try the Apple store first and see if they'll fix it, which the almost certainly will. If that doesn't work, try jailbreaking.

6. Sepharite

May 13, 2010
    I only asked that cause my ipod is already jail broken. And I can`t revert because I`m stuck on the Insert USB to Itunes... so retarded.

7. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Put your device into DFU mode by plugging it into a computer and holding down the home an power buttons until you hear a beep. Then iTunes should recognize it and you can restore.

Also, there's a good chance the Apple store won't be able to tell it's jailbroken also. But try to restore it first.

8. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    #8 ArcheAngel, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    ^^^^^utter nonsense

The last time I took a jailbroken iPhone in to apple to get replaced but twas to lazy to restore it.....they found SB settings told me to restore it and then they will be happy to replace it.

Never heard of apple blacklisting UUID's and I'm in my towns apple store at least once a month but maybe I'm just not listening hard enough to hear of it.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Either you're incredibly clumsy with your hardware or you need to get over this insane obsession.

10. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    #10 ArcheAngel, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Neither, I have a job and like toys and their accessories and can afford to buy things from or visit the store when I'm in that area of my town to just browse.

The only time I've ever had service done to a device or machine is cause it was a defect on the product (bad displays, chips etc... Call me crazy but this shit is expensive, I want perfection) not because of my hands

Sounds like a normal consumer to me....you on the other hand must have a very narrow mind set if the above conditions you suggested are the only reasons one would walk into a store at least once a month.

Get a job and open your mind while your at it.

Btw

I won't respond in this thread again so say what you want. I'll give you the satisfaction of having the last word cause I know that's what you "experienced" forum members live on.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Chill out son, it was a passing comment, not a stone-cold critical analysis. I love how you combine "get a job" with "open your mind" though, because that's not assuming, judgmental or hypocritical of you at all.

...and yeah, once a month is still too much. Geek.

Last word <---

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #12 1337brian, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    :D Once a month?! :p

Crazy. I think the only time I go to the apple store is when I go to the mall, which is like once a year....

It is pretty cool though!

13. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I'll admit I went to the grand opening of the Apple store at my mall, and waited in line to get the free shirt :) only cause it's the only Apple store within 6 hours driving distance of where I live.

Haven't been back since though, it's not that exciting. Not really a place you just browse and make impulse buys at.

14. Sepharite

May 13, 2010
    Stop hijacking my thread! :p

Okay, soooo another problem. Second time it happened: music player skips song, then crashes. Takes about 4 minutes to reboot.

Any idea?

Also, connecting to PC works, it was my cable.