iPhone River Town - Original Farming RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ikonrad, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
    #1 ikonrad, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is River Town?
    River Town is a single-player rural-themed Role Play inspired by the classics, such as Harvest Moon, The Sims or Rune Escape. In River Town player comes into possession of a farm, and can populate his little rancho with a variety of animals, pets or crops. The town is settled by villagers with highly contrasting personalities, making the game an engaging combination of farming and social experience. What is unique about River Town is that player can create their own script about what they want to happen, with whom and when. Every action a character does affects not only him but all people around as well, which might lead to some crazy stuff!

Features
    For a full feature set please visit our Kickstarter page.

• Crops - Choose from a wide variety of plants (fruits, vegetables, flowers) and trees to populate your farm. Some of them are required to be seeded only at a certain season, while others need a hothous.
    • Animals - Buy, feed, breed and take care of your farm animals.
    • Pets - Several pets to take care of. Some pets have special functions - dog, for instance, might help you with keeping wild animals away.
    • Villagers - Every single person living in River Town is entirely unique and introduces different storyline. Some villagers might find you inspiring to change their behaviour and goals, some might try to avoid you, while some others even attempt to stalk you if they are extremely amazed by your person. They behave differently towards you as a stranger or a best friend, so take that into account.
    • Date & Marry - Finding a second half is a strong part of the River Town storyline. It's possible to date, propose, marry, live together and finally raise a child.
    • Festivals - Each season brings a set of different festivals organised by the town population. Participation in these might be a great chance to integrate with villagers or win precious prizes.
    • Cooking - Discover new meals by watching TV series in your TV or experiment on your own. Serve your dishes for a dinner, share it with others or participate in cooking contests.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your time! I hope you like the game, we're very opened to your feedback and thoughts, so go ahead and write us a couple of words :)

2. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
  3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Woa now this looks awesome!
    Ok I have some questions for you ^-^

1) Is this internet only, will there be a offline way to play?
    2) any ideas if the price is in the high range or low
    3) if nether of those above is this freemium?
    3A) if freemium will it be full of iap
    4) long game play?, different things to do like side quests etc?
    5) Release date, is it far off or close to releasing?
    6) Will female and the ability to have a child every come to this game?
    7) is it universal, iPad and iPhone?
    8) What are the requirements, ex: ios 6 and up ?

Lastly what was you inspiration to make this game, was this a hard game to develop?
    Is this game set in stone to be released or are you trying to raise money and awareness to get it going?

Looks like a amazing game keep up with updates and such this could be great!

4. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks a lot for these kind words!

1. It is a singleplayer game only.
    2. The price for the iPads has not been estimated yet. For now I am concentrated on a kickstarter campaign (should be up in late March), which will be focused on desktop versions only. If the game meets its goal, I'll work on the mobile version as well which should be released simultaneously with the desktop version.
    3. I hate IAPs as a game designer and as player. I believe that this approach would ruin what's the best in River Town - freedom. So worry not, RT will be free of in app purchases.
    4. Well, yes, RT is a sort of a sandbox game - it's the player who decides what to do: socialize, farm, or do other things.
    (See the indiedb profile for more details)
    5. The game is still in development. The game currently needs funding, hence the Kickstarter campaign.
    6. Yes, dating and proposing is a strong part of the social side of the game. Ability to have a child though has not been decided yet.
    7. Due to screen size the game will be released on iPads only.
    8. Not decided yet.

IndieDB profile: www.indiedb.com/games/river-town

5. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks for the such quick reply Cant wait to see how this develops ^-^

6. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    This is stuff we should see on ios high quality games, long gameplay and nice developers to talk and ask questions too hope all goes well with kickstarter and I hope the game gets made ^-^

7. Whiterabbitm

Whiterabbitm Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Looks Great!

Wow this looks like a great game well done, put together and well thought out! I am really looking forward to this coming out. If at any time if the near future you find yourself needing beta testers please let me know I would love to be apart of this game and help you get this kind of quality game to the masses!

8. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Hey. Your no IAP policy alone is enough for me to buy the game. I loved harvest moon and I'm sure I'll love your game too. Will it have mining for gyms? Fishing? Keep up the great work!

9. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Look so cute, when will it release?

10. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks a lot guys, it is really appreciated.

The release date is not known yet, but somewhere in the middle of 2015.

11. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
  12. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I just have implemented weather system. We've got now 3 weather types: Clear, Mild Rain and Heavy Rain. Each of these has a different impact on the town's life. During a clear weather, villagers behave normally and sticks to his regular schedule. Mild weather is pretty much the same as the regular one, however, it also waters your fields, which allows you to save some time and spend it on the other way. Heavy rain, on the other hand, is so bad that everyone prefers to stay in rather than to go outside. Player happens to get tired more quickly during the bad weather as well!

[​IMG]

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven't played any of the games people say this is similar to so no idea if I'll like it but I'll try keep an eye on the forum see how things go.

14. ikonrad

ikonrad Member

Feb 25, 2014
    #14 ikonrad, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  15. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Looks like the Harvest Moon style game we have been needing for iOS!