Only One / Mage Gauntlet

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RLennon, Feb 8, 2014.

1. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    #1 RLennon, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    I have always been a big fan of RPG's, but not so much action RPG's. Well, I am 100% hooked on Only One. This game had instant classic written all over it. Action, humor, rpg elements. It's awesome

I would like to ask the forum how much better is Mage Gauntlet? I've heard good things about the game, but was also turned off to the action rpg aspect. Well, Only One has changed my perspective on action RPGs and I would love some input. Thanks!!!

Rob

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Depends on what you're considering an action RPG aspect in Mage Gauntlet and what you wouldn't like about it.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I think if you like Only One, you'd like Mage Gauntlet. It has the same kind of slower-paced combat, which rewards position and smart use of your abilities over fancy combos. It's more expansive and varied, with a greater focus on exploration and has more in-depth magic system.

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    but Mage Gauntlet doesn't have 4" display support that's why i refuse to buy it.

5. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Does Mage Gauntlet have a story line that you follow like a Secret of Mana style action rpg or is it more like Only One/Slayin style constant fighting to progress?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Still playable as anything. Yeah widescreen would be good but you can still play it well enough. It's a great game

7. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    You don't need widescreen to enjoy it, though I get your point. I won't play SD games on my iPad...

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I enjoyed Only One a lot more than Mage Gauntlet. I did like the charm of Mage Gauntlet when it first came out, the hats, pets, and various abilities were pretty fun, however the enemies bored me to death about 3/4th of the way through and I was not compelled to finish it. Especially at 2.99, I would save my money and pick up something else like any of the Solomon games or Pocket RPG.

9. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Please allow me the obvious question, what are Solomon games?

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Mage Gauntlet is a great game. I was hesitant for a while too. But when I finally did, I was upset for waiting. There's much more exploration and story behind it though, unlike Only One. Wayward Souls is coming out soon, you might want to wait for that since its a spiritual successor with updated everything.

I felt the Soloman games were spam-fests and was much less impressed with those.

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    - Solomons Keep
    - Solomons Boneyard