Universal Darkin - a frantic vampire themed puzzle RPG (by Ten Foiled Hats)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ten foiled hats, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Will there be a set price? Or IAP (which I can't imagine since you all are so excited about it)?

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    $2.99 and no IAP ;)

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Can't wait, few more days :)

4. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Well, after reading about half a page into the thread, I was sold. After reading the rest of the thread, I'm drooling at my computer. I was planning on taking a week off from making any purchases (last week got way out of hand), but that's off the table now. I can't not instabuy this.

Other bits and pieces. Loved Dungeon Raid, and have been looking for a replacement Match-3 RPG for a while. Horde of Heroes, Block Legend, Puzzle Quest, and others just haven't scratched that itch the way I'd hoped.

Also, I'm with Frost on the iPhone only thing. I had an iPad for a while (then an iPad mini). Having your game device in your pocket at all times is way better than having more screen real estate. After I sold my iPad mini, I've only missed it when teaching class at church. Never missed it for games.

Again, I'm drooling. Figuratively, but it's disgusting.

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    That list seems to be lacking 10000000...

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Will the test version and AppStore version have synchronized saves?

7. Ipad screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Agreed on all points. Ipads aren't bad at all, they're awesome. But then I'd rather have something I can have all the time. That's actually the main reason I got an ipod, so I can have it with me all the time. I don't think I could handle swapping them out and carrying around a mini.

---

Sorry if this has been asked, not sure, but how would people that have played this compare it to Dungeon Raid? Better or worse? Exactly the same? I do miss the RPG looks/characters but I'd rather have an updated app (this game) with way better graphics because Dungeon Raid as fun as it is, is now hard to look at.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Similar to Dungeon Raid with less enemy variety (skulls or "bosses" -bosses are unique) but more buffs/debuffs so far. There are "experience" tiles thrown into the mix and some unlock able play modes...

...and unicorns!

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks Undead! I guess a few more days until release? Excited! I have a feeling some great games will be out this week but we'll just have to see what actually shows up.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Is the Dungeon Raid formula but improved upon, and with a 2014 feel to it. You have 40 bosses, each one unique, three different classes, unique abilities to each class and tons more that I wont spoil. I <3 this game so much. <3

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    *20 bosses

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hope it's as good as you all say, likely be my first instabuy for a while. Sounds like it's coming with more then Dungeon Raid did oringonally before it was updated.

Hopefully it's just the video but some of the matches could have been much better and looked a little clunky.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Not sure what you mean?

But yeah that footage is several weeks old, plus it's especially smoother when being played directly on the device, rather than watching a video

16. Would help having a current gameplay video for sure.

17. Heh yeah, JCho133 is right... we're not the most amazing of video editors and the footage is old =/. But! We refined and refined that linking mechanic until it couldn't get any smoother =). You can play Darkin at warp-speed and the mechanic is always fluid and accurate.

@Connector - you are absolutely right! And TouchGameplay over on YouTube will be doing exactly that for us =D.

18. That is good to hear. Sanuku makes really nice videos.

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Glad to hear it I hate most of these match games where the matching mechanic isn't even that good....it's the whole basis of the game it needs to be fluid and accurate.

Can't wait to play.

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I got those two mixed up :p