Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-11-2014, 06:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

demo for android phones/tables
http://www.indiedb.com/games/voxel-r...d-demo-android

demo for windows
http://www.indiedb.com/games/voxel-r...d-demo-windows

who wants to destroy entire city ? =)

Last edited by csound; 08-07-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 08:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Demo reviews (thanks to ThingsWePlay, KottabosGames)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 08-07-2014, 12:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Tried the PC demo. Tap to move feels okay but attacking feels really weird. If your tank isn't already aligned with the target, it finds the shortest path towards the target and fires when aligned. That's usually when you're right next to the target because of all the obstacles you have to weave through.

I'd still love to have a dpad and fire button for this as an alternative. At least a manual fire button to go with the tap controls.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi Echoen, thanks for trying it =) .

VR controls was designed for touch screen, so on PC it may be not much comfortable with mouse. I agree with you about joystick controls, but on the tablets and phones d-pads is just painful way to play.

The problem with choosing long path for attack related to objects density, e.q. there is no another path to get aligned for attack (without destroying anything more). I probably reduce amount of objects on the map, and long paths will be avoided.

I want to get this game on Ouya too, so if it's happen, d-pad(joystick) definitely will be added.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I just played with the demo on my PC for a few minutes and this is pretty neat! The incidental scenery is great - I hope that someday we can blow it up!

Couple of thoughts:

- Tone down the top/down blur a bit, especially on near clouds.

- Another alternative to one-tap or d-pad controls would be tap/hold/swipe: move to tap, then start shooting in direction of swipe.

- There either needs to be some limitation to movement or something that prevents the constant stream of "two tanks face each other shooting until one blows up..." that occurs here. Don't let tanks turn 180's or whatever. If the tanks are less mobile, it makes "do I go around or through this barn & fence" more interesting...

- For some reason I'm imagining a version of this were the town constantly, slowly scrolls in one direction (you could loop the same town map over and over) with enemy tanks sitting/driving in the new sections. Possible goal would be to eliminate all tanks as you pass, either ending the game or losing a 'life' if you let one survive.

- Mirror mode: a great, quick way to throw players in a loop and/or provide variety w/little work is to load the map with the X or Y axis flipped.

Hope these help - looking forward to playing this some day!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi, thanks for trying it ).

Blur will be optional, ppl who doesn't like can turn it off in options.
Tap/hold/swipe - interesting idea, thanks, I'll write it down.

As for "two tanks face each other shooting until one blows up..." I think it is more like AI problem, AI is simple now. Possibly In the future tanks will make 1-2 or shots and try to relocate (find new place for attack) for another shots.

Regarding looping and mirroring stuff - I try to minimize it, I prefer quality over quantity. =)

One scrolling level is great idea - but Level creation will take forever(without looping). I prefer to create 1 interesting little map with few separate missions on it in different places.

Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate it.