Best match 3 games (premium or freemium)??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mid83, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    What are the best match 3's out there? I don't mind if it's f2p but as long as it isn't unfair feeling Candy Crush is after about level 20.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You Must Build A Boat
    Guardian Sword
    Hero Emblem
    Dungeon Raid
    Puzzle Quest 2 (Premium version)

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Damn EP!

That's a pretty hefty list there and I've played and enjoyed them all. Wasn't a HUGE fan of Guardian Sword but to each their own. I do wish they'd make a PQ3 though...sad day. I hear they're making a Magic: The Gathering match 3 that looks very similar to PQ though and damn I'm excited about that! There was also a multiplayer math 3 showed off at PAX called "Force of Elements" that has disappeared from mention since then. It looked pretty rad!

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Puzzle and Dragons

5. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
  6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i will add
    Super Glyph Quest (paid, dunno if it runs ios9)
    Kill Me Again (free but fair, my latest match3-4-5 go-to)

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Does Kill Me Again require an active internet connection? Hard to tell, but it looks like it is, and at 485 Mb, whats the install size? Looks like it could be fun, but a huge file requiring active internet would be a dealbreaker forme.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #8 Exact-Psience, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    It does last time i tried it.

It's pretty good actually, but im not the biggest fan of "move-pieces-ANYWHERE" type of match-3s. I like the more traditional "side-by-side swap" most, and the "connect-with-a-line" mechanic like Dungeon Raid's a close second.

9. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    My 2 cents:
    Letz Match! (It was a premium app at one time, but they added ads. You only see them at the title screen I believe , but it's still annoying. If memory serves me correctly, the file size was a little hefty, but it's one of my favorite match 3 games. It's worth checking out)

Scurvy Scallywag (awesome)

Cruel Jewels (was once a premium app, but they've added an ad banner at the bottom of the screen. They're charging $1.99 to remove it, but I refuse to pay them twice. It's an awesome game otherwise)

Artifact Quest HD (this is a bigfish produced game, so I think you can try it for free and then unlock the full game inside the app)

All of these are 2-3 years old. They haven't been updated recently, but I'm running iOS 9.1 and they all still work.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Lets Match! does not work with iOS 9 - at least it does not run on my iPhone 6+ with iOS 9.1.. Requested a refund. Froze on the second screen. Also, it is back to premium, but still has those splash screens designed to take you to an App store App that they want you to buy - the worst type of advertising in my opinion. Charge premium and force ads that if you are just tapping through to start the game - you get taken to a freemium game (not by the company mind you).

Totally forgot about Scallawag... fired it up, still looks great and plays great.

11. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    That sucks about Letz Match! The ads were not like that the last time I played it. It was fun while it lasted I guess. It really was a unique match 3 game that was actually challenging. Scallywag will remain on my iPad. It's just a great game.