Game idea - Customizable space ship shooter

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TimothyR, Feb 16, 2009.

1. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I have a game idea... it's a space shoot em up.

The ships can be completely customizable, you can build your ship like LEGO, and can change its colors. You'll have a wide range of weapons and parts to add to your ship in building, most can be unlocked by playing the game.

A little idea... Any good game developers feel free to try and attempt this. :eek:;)

:D

2. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thank you for your input. I doubt if anybody will it do to the fact that we like to do our own project. Thanks anyway!

3. jshmrsn

jshmrsn Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Mobile Game Developer
    Agoura Hills, CA
    This is how ship customization worked in the original Kingdom Hearts game for the PlayStation 2. You had building blocks that you found in the main game and used them to build your ship for the flying mini-game.

We're working on some pretty heavy customization for SciFly II, although I don't think it will really be comparable to Lego. But, you will be able to equip different types of weapons and probably change the color scheme.

-Josh Rosen
    Licentia Software

4. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I was kind of thinking that you get a starting part. It has a seat and base, you can add different types of wings, guns, etc.

@The SciFly II comment, sounds nice.

5. TwistedFry

TwistedFry Member

Feb 18, 2009
    I just want some space rpg, kinda like eve online except not online or quite on the same timescale. It doesn't have to be 3d, TBH id rather 2d for this kind of genre - allows for much greater number of galaxy's to explore I think.
    And make it a sandbox! I hate being forced into quests/missions let me trade and pillage my way through the universe please!
    Wait thats it, a nice looking iphone version of X2!

fingers crossed, touch wood.