The Legend Of Zelda Type Game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tym4n, Aug 4, 2010.

1. tym4n

tym4n Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Texas
    I am not exactly sure what type of RPG it is, but could someone tell me if there are any games similar to the original Legend of Zelda game?

While you're at it could you tell me what type of game it is so I don't look like an idiot if I ever need to bring it up again?

2. JoeBlonde

JoeBlonde Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Well, Zelda games aren't exactly rpg's, more like action-adventure games with puzzle and platform elements.

Across Age (this being an actual rpg) is one of the iphone games that reminds me the most of the first Zeldas.

3. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I think most people would also say Zenonia & Zenonia 2. Even the art style is sort of similar.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I would go with Zenonia. It's more in that vein but with a cross of Diablo talent trees.

5. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Also, I used to play a LOT of video games on most consoles and Zelda is an Action RPG. That's what type of game it is, but that won't really help you on the AppStore, the way they categorise the games is awful.

6. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    wrong section, belongs in Gaming Discussion , and Zenonia is a great zelda-esque game.

7. tym4n

tym4n Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Texas
    sorry about posting in the wrong section, and ive beat zenonia 1&2, so im looking for something else, i'll check across age

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Across Age is great and also check out Crusade of Destiny for $.99.

9. Healy

Healy Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Graphic Artist for Various Games
    NJ
    I think he's looking for GraalOnline Classic.

10. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Across Age, and Zenonia - Across Age has puzzle based dungeons, and Zenonia plays more like a traditional RPG. Both are worth getting.

11. tym4n

tym4n Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Texas
    I have crusade of destiny as well

I have tries graalonline, and did not like it

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #12 Cilo, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    I can't recommend Across Age, didn't enjoy it very much. It certainly didnt remind me of Zelda either, but maybe because I'm old enough to have experienced Link to the Past as a kid on the SNES . . . so yah, I don't really see the connection. Except that they both have sprites.

Graal does have the look of Zelda, but did they add quests yet or a story? Or is it still cutting down bushes forever?

13. DR!FTb0!86

DR!FTb0!86 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Zenonia 2 nuff said...

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Why not just play Zelda on Nescaline?

15. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    I kinda wish that nintendo would port some classics like Minoan cap.

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles

17. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Across Age just took some getting use to combat-wise - there is a very definite connection to the Zelda series specifically Link to the Past (my favourite Zelda game as a kid as well :)) - Across Age features puzzle based dungeons very similar to those of ALTTP. However as combat is more RPG based the boss fights aren't as Puzzle based in my opinion.

Graal was only great back when it first came out on the PC and there was a single-player option that featured some good player developed quests. I wish I had kept my old HD as I would have loved to kept the early version of Graal.

18. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I bought and played Across Age, I do know the game, and was let down by it based on this whole Zelda coattail it's been riding since day one - but I don't find any similarity to Link to the Past. In fact it made me stop playing it and go buy Link to the Past on WiiWare.

19. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Nothing mentioned here is really a Zelda style game IMO, they're all just normal RPG's that kinda look like Zelda. Happens every time someone asks for a 'Zelda-like' game..

Kyle's Quest = Dragon Quest
    Crusade of Destiny = Western RPG
    Zenonia, etc. = Action RPG

20. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    I'm just trying to help the guy. As much as I love RPG's in any form, they're not Zelda games and I'd hate to spend money buying a game only to realize it's something completely different. I mean, Kyle's Quest as a Zelda game? Really?

And upon further recollection, I do have one game to contribute:
    Pico Pico Games - A free collection of small NES-y games, one of which is a Zelda clone :)