Hero Mages (fantasy turn-based strategy)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Marcus70, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #1 Marcus70, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
    I read on their website (release notes from 1.70 version, posted 4/4/12) that the IOS version is done and submitted to the app store.

I've being playing this on Android and its a lot of fun if you enjoy fantasy TBS games (with single player and multiplayer). I've linked a video from youtube here.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Good news... Thanks for posting, will be looking forward to this one. Android users seem to have an edge when it comes to TBS games.

3. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    This looks pretty cool. Never played the PC version, how robust is this? I see the line of sight option during the map making, but it doesn't seem to mask your view of enemies on the map, so I assume there is no "fog of war" element to it?

Hard to tell from the review, but how big do the maps get, especially with more players? Can anyone play in a sort of DM mode? Seems like this is close to that play style, but not quite there.

4. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    You can play the tutorial for free here: http://www.heromages.com/game/
    I believe multiplayer is free as well, you just pay for single player. The game seems OK, but the layout really could use some polishing. Still if it's free will be worth checking out.

5. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    That's useful info! Thanks. Will check that tutorial out. :cool:

Here's a trailer: Gets to the action for a quicker/instance look-in...