Horror Games To Keep Me Up At Night

10-29-2013, 01:36 AM
Yeah I'm interested in Papa Sangre but since my native tongue isn't English I'm not sure it'd work for me.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
10-29-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
Yeah I'm interested in Papa Sangre but since my native tongue isn't English I'm not sure it'd work for me.
You should be fine. I have a hunch that Papa Sangre (and/or Nightjar) will go on sale to celebrate the release of Papa Sangre 2; you may wanted to wait and give it a go when the price drops........maybe I am wrong though. If you wanted to purchase it, just wait a few days (you may save yourself some money if you end up not enjoying it).

10-29-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piph View Post
So how does these audio based games work? Are there any visuals at all? How does level navigation or enemy confrontation play out?

Try out Blindscape. It's an audio game that is free. You'll need headphones.

It's kinda tough to explain.

Blindcape isn't a horror game, but it should give you a good idea what audio games like.

I'm going back to listing normal games now.

The Occupant is a creepy game too.

Last edited by TheEvilRobot; 10-29-2013 at 02:00 AM.
10-29-2013, 02:40 AM
Dead Space.

Limited ammo
Tempting jumpscares
Anxiousness and nervousness will attack you there.

Probably best horror game ever.
10-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceraux View Post
Dead Space.

Limited ammo
Tempting jumpscares
Anxiousness and nervousness will attack you there.

Probably best horror game ever.
Right now, on iOS, Indigo Lake can give Dead Space a run for its money in terms of being a great horror game. Difference is that they are of a different gameplay genre, as one is an adventure game, and the other is a shooter.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piph View Post
This might be a winner. Dead Space on consoles always made me feel tense as fuuuuuck. Not to mention the flinch worthy deaths.
Wait, you don't own Dead Space for iOS yet? Uhm, yeah, one vote for DS from this guy...

DS on iOS is probably my top reason for being excited about the new Mini in my not-too-distant future...

DBC

I give up.
10-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Wait, you don't own Dead Space for iOS yet? Uhm, yeah, one vote for DS from this guy...

DS on iOS is probably my top reason for being excited about the new Mini in my not-too-distant future...

DBC
You're gonna be disappointed. DS on iPad isn't retina.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You're gonna be disappointed. DS on iPad isn't retina.
Which reminds me!

I have an iPad retina as well that I'm looking to use when I sink my teeth into these games. Can I count in most of the games listed so far (Dead Space aside) to fulfill my expectations of looking sweet as hell (read: not pixelated or stretched out) on that retina screen?