iPhone: Mame Emulator Found! (No Jailbreak NEEDED)

07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Mame Emulator Found! (No Jailbreak NEEDED)

Hello everyone I found a Mame emulator downloadable through Safari. I tested it with VS Super Mario Bros and it worked. A negative which I can't figure out is how to configure the control input. If you can figure it out please reply. Also it it's on Chinese. You must install roms on iExplore/iFun Box because you will make the app crash for by install some games.

ROMs are placed in:

Quote:
Documents/RELOADE/roms
make a roms folder if you don't have one

Site to download app: m.vszone.cn

This app isn't a cracked app and I'm against app piracy.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hope everyone enjoys the app!

- Tom (mariods64)

Games have been tested and they Work:

-VS Super Mario Bros: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

-VS Dr. Mario: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

-Dig Dug: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

-Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2: Works but lags.

-Pacman: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

*Make sure you get the one from atariage.com because others that I tested don't work and you need a file called "pacman.zip and puckman.zip" or it won't work

-Donkey Kong: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

-Space Invaders: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

-Frogger: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

-Street Fighters 2 Turb: Works perfectly runs at 100% full speed and there isn't any sound lag.

(That means others should work fine.)

- Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Works but the game is choppy.

Please check out this .zip file that contains the list of all of the supported roms: http://mamerominfo.retrogames.com/lists/romv37b5.zip

Last edited by mariods64; 07-18-2014 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Added working game list
07-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariods64 View Post
In the system file it says the version is MAME 0.37b5 It didn't say show it on the app because it was in Chinese.
That's why it won't run properly. Jojo isn't supported. That sucks, I was looking forward to using it. Hopefully a more versatile emulator will come out that I can use.
07-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Blood Bros works right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
That's why it won't run properly. Jojo isn't supported. That sucks, I was looking forward to using it. Hopefully a more versatile emulator will come out that I can use.

12-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Cannot install

I'm sorry if I am asking for old info ... I am brand new to these forums and thrilled to find ways to add MAME to my iPAd without jailbreaking.

I download the IPA file but I cannot install it. Funbox says it can't be installed because it is unsigned.

How do I ge this fixed?

How do I install this app to my iPad?

Thanks

M
12-17-2014, 10:18 AM
I thought you could only install ipa files if you're jailbroken ??

I would personally go with Blood Bros as thats a hidden MAME emulator on the app store
12-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Next steps ...

Thanks.
I dl'ed Blood Brothers.
Now what? How do I access / use the hidden Mame?
12-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubgelg View Post
Thanks.
I dl'ed Blood Brothers.
Now what? How do I access / use the hidden Mame?
It'll tell you in that thread how to access it. Think you need to download ifumbox to transfer games over to it
01-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Is there a place that I can find 0.139 compatible ROMs? I have JoJo on my phone, but I think it's for a later version of mame, because it's choppy.