Universal Shardlands (by Breach Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by seventh, Oct 23, 2012.

1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Time to reinstall

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I really, really liked this game at first. But it got tiresome after so many missions of basically increasingly difficult slider puzzles. What was more annoying was the inability to reallly move the pieces the way you want to (as in a real slider puzzle).

I'm not great at those kinds of puzzles to begin with so frustration set in and this was among the casualties of having to make some space for other games. Still may give it another go one of these days...

3. seventh

seventh Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    That's really unfortunate. There must be something wrong still. Can you tell me, does the "Game Center" button in the pause menu open up the achievements window? Also, are you running iOS 5 or 6?

4. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Same here seventh, my achievements haven't synced and I'm on iOS 5 and the gamecenter button does open up the achievement menu, thanks for your rapid responses

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks! I got it! (only to be stuck in the next room). I see the path the light should have but one of the mirrors won't move in the direction I need it to!

6. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    The game now starts fine on my iPad 1.

7. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Managing Director & Co-Founder at Breach Entertain
    Tampere, Finland
    No idea what you mean because we've never even tried Unity. What is it like? Is it any good?

But anyway, this game is built on our own game engine we've been working on for a couple of years already.

8. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It does show up and list them as unachieved from within the game. I'm running iOS 6.01

9. Auralio

Auralio New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    #109 Auralio, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Excellent game. Console quality through and through, plus its challenging and has a good few hours of gameplay in it. Worth every penny.

10. seventh

seventh Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    Second update for Shardlands was submitted yesterday and I want to share some thoughts about the additions and changes we made. As I mentioned earlier, player can now move faster by "dashing", which is activated with double tap. Dawn's movement speed is doubled for a few seconds until energy is exhausted. The energy is fully restored when visiting a beacon, or by walking over a energy restore point. In addition, there are points where the energy is consumed.

[​IMG]
    Energy restore and consume points

[​IMG]
    Dawn transforming from energy form to herself after dash

Using the dash ability doesn't necessarily make crossing obstacles any easier. It can get you into trouble if used recklessly near monsters. At the moment, there aren't any obstacles in the game that require dashing, but in the upcoming levels there most likely will be. Now it's ultimately the players choice if he/she wants to move more swiftly through the game world. I find myself dashing all the time, especially in the hub where you have unlimited energy.

Another feature we added to speed up the gameplay was that when Dawn gets to a beacon while monster is following, the monster gets killed by a lightning-like effect coming from the beacon.

[​IMG]
    Monster killed by beacon from a distance

[​IMG]
    A new level called "Marsh" is included in the update. (click to enlarge)

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  12. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    To the devs: I ultimately have stopped playing after about 9 levels in. Too slow, boring, repetitive, no change in visual style...the game screams polish but the gameplay is a major letdown. Started well, but I see the same concepts being used again and again.

I tell you what - I was amongst the first to hear about the game, but I am now disappointed. Anyway, still look forward to your next game. Hope it'lll be my cuppa coffee

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You don't really like anything, do you? :p

14. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Really? I liked a lot of games. Recently, NFS MW, Gear Jack, Rayman, Polara, Devil's Attorney, Lili....and some more that I probably can't recall. But yeah, the ratio of like:dlike is rather low.

15. reelweezerfish

Jul 4, 2012
    I'm having trouble with the 3rd section in Nest simply due to hitting the switch and having the laser hit me before I can move...I see no other way of guiding the laser to it's mark unless it goes through you to do so...I'm sure this is a lot simpler than I'm making it, but any help or tips?

16. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    #116 Rrraimo, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    How about not hitting yourself with the laser? ;)
    ...by placing the mirrors so that the laser won't hit you when you turn it on, and then stepping away from the switch/console and moving the mirrors to finish the puzzle...

17. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Spoiler tag, perchance?:D;)

18. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Sorry! Fixed it.

19. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    work great on my iphone 4,good graphic:D

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The huge update is here! Dash, new level and a faster way to kill ennemies!