glyder 2 removed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by b00mers, Jun 26, 2010.

1. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    has glyder 2 been removed from uk ipod appstore??

i need to re download it onto my pc and when i search it on itunes its not there, when i also search it on my ipods apppstore its not there either =/

can someone explain why its been removed as its still on the ipad store

2. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    Dude me too. I can only see Glyder 2 for ipad.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It's not in the US store either

4. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    iOs 4 incompatibilities

Since updating to iOs 4 I cannot play both Glyder games anymore, the frame rates are choppy and tilt controls do not work properly. Hopefully both get updated.

5. pen_sq

pen_sq Member

Dec 15, 2009
    As far as I can tell, Glyder had serious bugs with iOS4, and GLU fixed them by deleting the game forever. I have Glyder 2 still sitting on my iPod Touch, but the hit detection is atrocious - you often crash by flying within 20 yards of a surface, where half of the pickups live. Sometimes, Erin will simply crash first thing upon leaving her pedestal.

It's a shame, Glyder was a truly beautiful series. They did a great job capturing the freedom of flight, and the tilt controls worked better than any controller ever could.

6. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    This is terrible. : (

7. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I contaced Glu about it, they said they had no plans to fix the problem.

SO not happy with glu lately.

8. abstractgamefreak

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #8 abstractgamefreak, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    No updates?

Oh NO! The Glyder series was one of the better efforts of Glu- spare me Toyshop, Gun Bros etc.

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Hmm....I'll have to remember this when (or if:rolleyes:) they release any new games.

10. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm sure their decision is purely financial. It's a sad truth, but many games are so cheap in the app store... and they have to compete with a bazillion other cheap apps. If a particular app does not do well, the publisher has to decide if it's worth their effort to pump any more $ into the project.

11. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Sword and Poker is also off the AppStore. :0

12. abstractgamefreak

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Glyder 2 was one of the apps I bought and then never got around to play seriously- I wanted to finish Glyder 1 first where there are some really tricky spots -before the iOs updates killed the game. A sad lesson for me: never buy a game ahead that you can't play on the spot. 1) it will be cheaper later 2) or it will not work anymore or get pulled :-( Another lesson: back up your iTunes apps, at least several times. (thinking of Sword and Poker 1/2 and Stoneloops- apart from buggy updates, where you can't go back to the earlier version if you haven't saved it somewhere on your computer)

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I think it's boring as hell like every other glu game. They're definitely my least favorite developers, and that's really saying something since I've been buying apps since the very beginning of the appstore, averaging $60+ a month since then.

14. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    You're probably right, but it still sucks. It would be neat if they would at least properly abandon it and make the code freely available, so that perhaps someone else could fix it, or at least learn from it.

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #15 bigrand1, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
    Yeah, I agree. I was bummed when it was pulled and liked it because the controls were really fluid and the atmosphere and vibe was so cool. At least you got to the bottom of it and now we know what happened to it.

16. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    glyder 2 was one of my favorite ios games ever. This is terrible news:(

17. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    Bummer. Glyder 1 & 2 were two of my favorite games as well. I was keeping both games in the hope Glu would update them one day. I know both were $0.99 games but is it really that time consuming and costly to update a game to make it compatible with iOS 4.x? Very disappointed in Glu.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, but you still have them and can still play them, right? Wish I still had either one :(

19. LordKamNukilleer

LordKamNukilleer New Member

May 26, 2011
    Re: Glyder 2 removed?

I think the only people that can play these with any degree of success are the ones who did not upgrade their idevice to 4.0

That would have been me if I did not have to do a restore last week.

Glyder and Glyder 2 are my main casualties. I got pretty much everything else up and running. Perhaps the developers would see the wisdom in designing another version of these at a later date.

20. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    With glu having gone freemium I dont think its likely :(