iPad THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012 (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kerberospkg, May 2, 2012.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    After the (slight) disappointment of Real Boxing, I decided to turn my attention to a more classic and decidely less real form of fighting, and purchased KoF 2012. And while I've yet to make up my mind if the actual combat mechanics are more enjoyable than those of SFIV (though I really do appreciate the evasive manuevers, and the pacing), I must say that KoF does well in an area that SFIV/SFxT almost completely overlooked: single player progression and replay incentive. While there is no real story mode (and considering the general narrative qualities of fighting game storytelling, I'm not so sure that's a bad thing ;) ), there are at least unlockables and purchaseables, stuff to strive for beyond the challenge and actual fun of combat. (So, for those who play Volt/SFxT at least secondarily or partially for the single player, but who wish there was more to the offline aspect, KoF 2012 might be just the thing...)

Is there still an active online community of bloodthirsty Touch Arcadians in KoF 2012?

2. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    There are a few if us who play. Myself, Type Avenger...we have people kind of come and go. But many of temper still play online even if they don't hang out here.

I've been playing more SF4 lately myself, but KoF is the better game in pretty much every way. Keep with it and if you want some games, add me on GC. My name on there is the same as it is here. :)

3. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Hey buddies, I have a question: this game has animated scenario or something? Or the differences between this one and Kof -i is the new characters and the online?

4. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    There isn't really any animation that I can recall. There might be some other extras too. I didnt really play KoF-i so I couldn't tell you for sure. But it's definitely worth thr price for the online and the new characters.

5. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Damn, in the trailer looks animated backgrounds, anyway, lile I have the KoF-i I didn't knew if buy it, I'll see later

6. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    You may have been watching a trailer for the console version?

The backgrounds here are static but I imagine it helps with the netcode (which is pretty good here or an iPhone fighting game!)

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I'm looking for some people to play... Game Center is lcb12321

Anytime I fight online the people are way too good and I can't find anyone with the same skill as mine...

I fight this one guy called "k" and he rapes me every time, I usually only take out one or two at the most of his characters.

I play terry, chin and the guy with the pole(forget his name?).

Is there a like a tier list for this game? I'm guessing I'm not playing the best characters?

I get raped by iroi And kyo and whoever else...

I guess I'd say I'm ok at the game, not that good but would err def want to play some people here for fun and to get better..

Thanks

8. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I would swap out chin for starters. From my understanding, he is not beginner friendly. Or at least at your level of play (average). Terry is easy to use but easy to read also.

I'd try different chars.

Kyo, Iori, Shen, Andy, Athena, and Kula are pretty strong with a low learning curb.

9. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Thanks... Maybe I'll try kula or Andy.... I know chin is hard to play but he's my fav character and I actually do pretty good with him and terry is good I don't really have a 3rd character.. I've tried billy,Athena, that kid(in green), K, ryo, iori Probly a few others... Just didn't feel right with them

10. _retro_reactive

_retro_reactive New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I am new to this game. Been playing only a week. And I don't have knowledge of the KOF lingo used here. But I have several questions and comments here. I bought all the icons in the shop but 3 are missing why is that? Also how do you get catch phrases? Also on the achievements what is "rivals are registered in ranked versus". I have a hard time with the challenges but how do you do the 500 dmg with chin? I can't seem to do long combos but I suppose that's just because of my inexperience. The word "Decide" is spelled wrong when you go in a vs match when you are waiting for rival like let's say in challenge when it says "here comes a challenger" the next screen that shows up giving you 10 secs to press decide its spelled wrong. Claw iori seems so useless but classic iori has a lot of mobility. I'm not fond of vs because all they do is spam freaking fireballs of any character that has a ranged ability. Also I main Athena, Kula, and my third is classic iori, nest kyo, or kensou. Any tips for kula? I usually dominate with layspin+crowbite but I would like to know how to be more diverse with her. I can't seem to ever get close enough to do normal attacks. But that's why I like these gap closers and then drive canceling a lot. Also how do stuns happen? Just randomly? Also there are some stupid moves I can't seem to connect. Usually it's any move that's back+k in the air. I know my questions and comments are all over the place but I was writing as I was thinking haha. If someone can answer my questions I will be so grateful.

11. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Well for one thing, Athena's fireball game is pretty good in this and she has little recovery. If you're losing fireball fights with her, you're not playing her to the fullest. She has a move that reflects projectiles back at the opponent too (even Supers) that you should definitely learn to use if you encounter fireball happy opponents.

The long combos thing is tough. I'm not
    Particularly good at them either but you can be really effective with 4-5 hit combos. It's actually pretty rare that I catch someone (or get caught by) a super long combo, but part of that is because I'm moving all the time. Learning to use fakes and the Evade are very important too and can help you get in against opponents.

The challenges are pretty tough some of them. I haven't done them all but some of them are pretty crazy.

The best advice I could give you is just KEEP PLAYING. This is one of those games that takes time to really get the hang of and there are a lot of really good players online who've been playing a long time. Try not to get discouraged. It's hard I know and it even happens to me too, but this is a truly great game and one that's worth keeping up with.

12. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Btw my GCID is DoctaMario if any of y'all want to play. Just add me and hit me up.

13. _retro_reactive

Jan 16, 2013
    Ha I know Athena's moves but I mean when I play someone else usually people spam the same moves that's that's so annoying. Ive had people spam Athena's ball all game long then when I get close enough they use sword. Or use kings ball as well it's so annoying. Do you know about the catch phrases or the missing icons?

14. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Well I play King and she's more of a zoning character so it's more in her nature to play like that. Athena too I guess but she's better at it than King is.

The catchphrases are the message packs in the shop mode.

15. _retro_reactive

Jan 16, 2013
    Yea but I bought the message and icon packs but I don't have them all. Why is that

16. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    That I couldn't tell you. If you bought them they should be there. I dunno I'm stumped.

17. ChiLLitsWiLL

ChiLLitsWiLL New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Catchphrases are actually found at Record>my card> catchphrase. You'll unlock these when certain conditions are met. For example, catchphrase "Super Tomboy" can be unlocked by playing as yuri 30 times(challenges and training don't count). I hope this helps you out and anyone else who were wondering. I'm new to the forums, so hello and add me on Game Center ( ChiLLitsWiLL) if you wanna have a friendly battle.��

18. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Someone uploaded this

19. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    This video is just something else OMG wow.

20. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I only watched the first 5 minutes but yeah, that's some fantastic stuff! The Ash combo was insane! xD

I wonder if that's that same video that made it onto SRK.