Walking Dead v Wolf v Republique - which series?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darklord1011, Dec 28, 2013.

?

Which series? Choose 1 or more to recommend

1. Walking Dead Series 1

45.0%
  2. Walking Dead Series 2

30.0%
  3. Wolf Amongst Us

40.0%
  4. Republique

20.0%
  1. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    #1 Darklord1011, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    I got 20$ as mentioned, i am looking to buy any of the series but only 1 is possible.

I am talking about the game, and please share your opinions.

Walking Dead Season 1 and all episodes.
    Or
    Walking Dead Season 2 And All Episodes.
    Or
    The Wolf Amongst Us And All Episodes.
    Or
    Republique And All Episodes.

which one is really good and worth the money.

i like such games , but m really confused.

2. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    I have walking dead 1, 2 and wolf but have not tried republique.

IMO I would get TWD 1 AND 2. 1 is such a great series with great story and your choices influence the story. Not only this, it influences the story in 2 also so don't get 2 without 1. (And 400 days). Start with 1.

Also, TWD was game of the year 2012 and has receive such praise, you cannot go wrong.

Wolf promises the same choice based influences so i am looking forward to future episodes of this.

3. Darklord1011

Jun 29, 2013

Thanks, but i checked the reviews of walking dead 1 & 2 on app store, people are having lot of issues opening them,crashes, and some did not get the episodes unlocked after purchasing them, so m little worried now.

20$ is not less for me.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The games (Walking Dead) themselves are absolutely stellar, but Telltale ports have always been wonky and at times insanely unreliable...but it's a small price to pay.

5. alex.d

alex.d Member

Dec 28, 2013
    God dams, Walking Dead Series 2 started really intense! Can't wait to play more, it's like a TV series, don't start watching one until you get at least the whole season :D

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I wouldn't rely on reviews in the App Store. TWD season 1 is awesome. I just bought and downloaded the whole season within the past month and had zero problems (ipad air). But I guess depending on what device you have you could have more or less problems than average (lookin at you iPod touch 4 gen).

7. Darklord1011

Jun 29, 2013
    I have iPad 4th Gen.

and they scammed me my 15$, i purchased the bundle and my download meter is stuck at 0.00%, please help how can i download it.

It gives error of no internet connection, even though m on a good and stable internet connection.

Can i get a refund, if so , how do i do it, i dont know.

8. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    You download each episode individually from within the app itself. Each episode probably took 3-5 minutes to download.

9. Darklord1011

Jun 29, 2013
    Yes i am doing that itself, but its stuck.

10. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Well not really sure then. Never asked for a refund so not sure how that process works. I would say that if its in your purchase history to not ask for a refund right away. Maybe try later or at a different location if possible. But that's really up to you. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

11. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Just try to turn on your ipad while downloading ( change auto lock in setting to never ) then try turn off and on again your wifi connection and start downloading one episode first until finish, try it several times if still fail...and if you still can't download it maybe you should find another internet connection to download it...before its happen to me also, very annoying to download the episodes.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I played Ep1 of TWD since it's free on here and I absolutely hated it (I loved it on my xbox 360 though). I recommend playing TWD and TWAU on console or PC if you can because they look/or play nicer. Now I know a lot of people still like the iOS versions but I guess I'm just stupidly picky haha.

I recommend Republique because it is designed for iOS. It's first half of Ep1 was a little shaky but it started to get a good flow going by the second half, and Ep2 is supposedly gonna really ramp things up.

So that's my 2 cents, albeit a little late as you already purchased TWD. But if you don't have a gaming PC or a console then I don't think you made a bad choice

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The problem with those reviews is you don't know what device they are using. Someone's problem on an iPhone 4 might not be an issue on my iPad Air.

14. Darklord1011

Jun 29, 2013
    Finally it worked after multiple attempts,downloaded 2nd episode, 400 dlc is for another 5$, m thinking of getting it or not.

Thanks for all help guys, m buying the walking dead season 2 now.

15. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Good choice.

400 is based between TWD1 and 2 and bridges the gap.

16. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Get Walking Dead season 2

Watch Pewdiepie play Walking Dead Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us :)

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Can't play Republique yet until it gets 4S support but have been played the first episodes of The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead on Xbox 360. I know I'd be in the minority but I'm enjoying TWAU more than TWD even though I'm a fan of TWD show.

TWAU even on 360 has some rough patches frame rate wise. Not sure but Telltale makes great games but seems PC is the only version that is really is more optimized. But despite it's glitches Wolf is fantastic. I just love the whole noir style with the characters acting anything but fairy tales. Funny, gritty and satisfying so far. Can't wait for future installments.

18. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    anything but PEWDIEPIE just no

19. Darklord1011

Jun 29, 2013
    The support of telltale games is really bad, big time.

20. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Really liking what I see with Republique so far............